Kansas State vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 7 (Don't Expect a Shootout in Big 12 Battle)
Kansas State vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 12 Kansas State (18-5, 6-4 Big 12) vs. No. 17 TCU (17-6, 6-4 Big 12)
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Bramlage Coliseum -- Manhattan, Kansas
Two Big 12 college basketball programs hungry for wins are set to collide on Tuesday, Feb. 7 when the No. 12 Kansas State Wildcats host the No. 17 TCU Horned Frogs.
Kansas State looks to avoid back-to-back home losses following a 69-66 loss to then-No. 10 Texas over the weekend. Meanwhile, TCU has lost two of its last three games, most recently falling 79-73 to Oklahoma State in a game that saw the Horned Frogs only shoot 41.9% from the field and 27.3% from the three-point line.
Does Kansas State possess what it takes to get the job done? Or will TCU find a way to avoid its third consecutive road loss?
Kansas State vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KAN ST: (-220) | TCU: (+180)
- Spread: KAN ST: -4.5 (-120) | TCU: +4.5 (-102)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
Kansas State enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points with the under being favored at -114 odds.
Kansas State vs TCU Betting Trends
- Kansas State is 15-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats' ATS record as 3.5-point favorites or more is 10-3.
- Kansas State has seen 13 of its 23 games go over the point total.
- TCU is 13-10-0 against the spread this year.
- The Horned Frogs have an ATS record of 4-1 as 3.5-point underdogs or more.
- There have been 14 TCU games (out of 23) that hit the over this season.
|Kansas State Rank||Kansas State AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Kansas State vs TCU Prediction & Pick
TCU has struggled on the road throughout the 2022-23 campaign. The Horned Frogs have lost four of their last five away matchups, losing by at least two possessions in each loss. It doesn't help that their defense goes from allowing 61.3 PPG at home to a 72.0 PPG clip on the road.
Meanwhile, Kansas State is tough to beat at home. On top of an 11-1 record at Bramlage Coliseum, the Wildcats average 74.5 PPG with a plus-13.8 scoring margin at home. They also only surrender 60.7 PPG in Manhattan, KS and have kept the Horned Frogs to a 60.3 PPG clip over their last four visits.
It's going to be a close-fought matchup, but Kansas State's defense and strong play at home gives the Wildcats the edge.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas State: 75 | TCU: 72
Kansas State vs TCU Best Bet
Even though Kansas State and TCU are both capable of putting up a lot of points, I'm siding with the under on the 149.5-point total. After all, the under is 11-4 in the last 15 Wildcats-Horned Frogs matchups, as well as 5-0 in the last five games between these Big 12 rivals at Bramlage Coliseum.
Considering how Kansas State and TCU have only averaged 124.2 points in their last five meetings in Manhattan, it's clear that backing the under is the way to go.
Bet: Under 149.5 Points (-114)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.