Kansas State vs Montana State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 17 NCAA Tournament Game (Expect Fireworks)
Kansas State vs Montana State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Tournament Game
- No. 12 Kansas State (23-9) vs. Montana State (25-9)
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Coverage: CBS
Friday, March 17's 2022-23 NCAA Tournament schedule includes a first-round East Region collision between the No. 3 Kansas State Wildcats and No. 14 Montana State Bobcats.
Kansas State has picked up losses in each of its last two outings, most recently falling 80-67 to TCU in the Big 12 Tournament. Montana State's recent luck has been the opposite, having won nine straight outings. The Bobcats' last win was the biggest of their run, defeating Northern Arizona 85-78 to capture the Big Sky Championship.
Does Kansas State have what it takes to erase its last two losses with a win Friday? Or will Montana State keep the success coming with a huge upset at Greensboro Coliseum?
Kansas State vs Montana State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KAN ST: (-385) | MONTST: (+300)
- Spread: KAN ST: -8.5 (-110) | MONTST: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Michigan State enters this contest as a slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12:15 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Kansas State vs Montana State Betting Trends
- Kansas State has 20 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-3 as 8.5-point favorites or greater.
- This year, 16 of Kansas State's 32 games have gone over the point total.
- Montana State has 18 wins in 32 games against the spread this season.
- The Bobcats don't have a win ATS (0-2) as a 8.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- This year, 14 of Montana State's 32 games have gone over the point total.
|Kansas State Rank||Kansas State AVG||Montana State AVG||Montana State Rank|
Kansas State vs Montana State Prediction & Pick
Montana State is out of its element in this game. While the Bobcats are terrific against their own conference, they've dropped six of their last seven meetings with a Big 12 opponent. Meanwhile, Kansas State has thrived against weaker competition, going 7-1 straight up in its last eight games against the Big Sky.
Montana State also lacks discipline, taking a foul on 24.7% of defensive possessions (30th-worst in NCAA). Kansas State won't complain about being sent to the charity stripe, where it averages 16.0 free throws (T-No. 30) on a 75.0% success rate (No. 61).
The Bobcats' foul issues will allow Kansas State to build a comfortable lead. Considering how the Wildcats have yet to lose as the favorite this season, closing things out shouldn't be an issue for Jerome Tang's squad.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas State: 77 | Montana State: 70
Kansas State vs Montana State Best Bet
For this matchup's best bet, I have my eye on the total going over 139.5 points. After all, Kansas State and Montana State are averaging a combined 154 points over their last three games this season. Furthermore, the over is 4-1 in the Bobcats' last five games, as well as 5-1 in the Wildcats' last six March outings.
Although I don't expect a super competitive contest, both sides' offenses are good enough to do their part in hitting the over.
Bet: Over 139.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.