Kansas vs Iowa State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 2 Kansas (15-1, 4-0 Big 12) vs. No. 14 Iowa State (13-2, 4-0 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Venue: Allen Fieldhouse -- Lawrence, Kansas
The No. 2 Kansas Jayhawks look to remain hot when they take on the No. 14 Iowa State Cyclones in a Big 12 showdown slated for Saturday, Jan. 14.
Kansas hasn't looked back since its first loss of the season, picking up a 79-75 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday to give the Jayhawks their ninth straight victory. Not to be outdone, Iowa State is looking for its seventh win in a row tonight, coming off an 84-50 win against Texas Tech earlier this week.
Can Kansas extend its win streak to double digits? Or will Iowa State spoil the fun with an upset win at Allen Fieldhouse?
Kansas vs Iowa State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: KANSAS: (-330) | IOWAST: (+260)
- Spread: KANSAS: -7.5 (-110) | IOWAST: +7.5 (-110)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
Kansas enters this contest as the heavy favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 4 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points with the over being favored at -114 odds.
Kansas vs Iowa State Betting Trends
- Kansas has covered the spread seven times in 16 games.
- As an 8.5-point favorite or greater, the Jayhawks have two wins ATS (2-7).
- This season, nine of Kansas' 16 games have hit the over.
- Iowa State has 10 wins in 15 games against the spread this year.
- There have been five Iowa State games (out of 15) that hit the over this season.
|Kansas Rank||Kansas AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
Kansas vs Iowa State Prediction & Pick
While Kansas and Iowa State are among the best programs in the country, it's hard to doubt the Jayhawks at home. Kansas scores significantly more points at home (81.2 PPG) than it does on the road (73.4 PPG), also boasting a plus-17.1 scoring margin at Allen Fieldhouse.
Iowa State might have the nation's eighth-best overall scoring margin (plus-13.9), but that mark drops to minus-4.2 when the team hits the road. Speaking of which, the Cyclones also average 13.2 turnovers in away games, whereas the Jayhawks force 15.2 giveaways per contest at home.
Furthermore, the Jayhawks' 37.9 rebounds per game (T-No. 54) also point to them having the glass advantage over the Cyclones (33.3 RPG, T-No. 232). With the ability to capitalize on the opposition's mistakes, I fully expect Kansas to keep its momentum going this evening.
Final Score Prediction: Kansas: 70 | Iowa State 63
Kansas vs Iowa State Best Bet
As far as the best bet goes, I have my eyes on the total hitting the under. For starters, four of the last six Kansas-Iowa State matchups have finished with the under. In fact, each of the last three meetings has finished with fewer than 134.5 points, averaging 122.7 PPG over that span.
With the Big 12 rivals also allowing a combined 123.2 PPG this season, I see two strong defenses leading to a low-scoring showdown.
Bet: Under 134.5 Points (-106)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.