Johnny Walker vs Ion Cutelaba Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 279 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Walker vs Cutelaba Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 279 — Main Card Light Heavyweight Bout
Johnny Walker (18-7-0, 15 KO's, 2 Submissions) vs. Ion "The Hulk" Cutelaba (16-7-1, 12 KO's, 2 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Paradise, NV
Walker vs Cutelaba Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 279 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Johnny Walker: (+152)
- Ion Cutelaba: (-188)
- Draw: (TBD)
Method of Victory:
- Walker by KO/TKO: (+260)
- Walker by Points: (+950)
- Walker by Submission: (+1400)
- Cutelaba by KO/TKO: (-105)
- Cutelaba by Points: (+550)
- Cutelaba by Submission: (+1500)
Walker vs Cutelaba Prediction
UFC 279 Walker-Cutelaba prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Ion Cutelaba (58%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (83%)
This matchup is a bout between two fighters with striking power who are both on skids. Johnny Walker is 1-4 in his last five fights, suffering a pair of knockout losses over that stretch. Ion Cutelaba hasn't fared better, going 1-3-1 in his last five outings, also suffering a pair of KO/TKO losses.
At the end of the day, I like Walker's chances of winning more. He's the more accurate fighter and also has the height (6'6" vs. 6'1") and reach (82" vs. 75") advantages over his opponent, so he should be able to keep Cutelaba away until he's ready to deal some damage.
Give me Walker outright at +152 on the moneyline.
Walker vs Cutelaba Betting Trends & Stats
- Johnny Walker lost to Jamahal Hill, by KO, in his last fight on Feb. 19, 2022.
- Ion Cutelaba lost to Ryan Spann, by submission, in his last fight on May 14, 2022
- Walker averages 3.45 significant strikes landed per minute with a 58% accuracy rate.
- Cutelaba averages 4.81 significant strikes landed per minute with a 42% accuracy rate.
- Walker averages 2.78 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 42% defense rate.
- Cutelaba averages 3.39 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 48% defense rate.
- Walker averages 0.23 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Cutelaba has a 79% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.