Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: SportsNet RM and ROOT Sports NW
The 2022-23 NBA season rolls on with seven matchups slated for Saturday, Dec. 3, including a western collision between the Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers. After a brief four-game losing skid, the Jazz are back on track with two straight wins, landing a 139-119 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Friday.
Meanwhile, the Trail Blazers' strong start to the year is a distant memory after losing seven of their last eight games. Portland has been out of action since a 128-109 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, making it interesting to see if the extra rest pays off tonight.
Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UTA: (-186) | POR: (+156)
- Spread: UTA: -4.5 (-110) | POR: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 227.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Jazz enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227.5 points, which is in the middle of Saturday's projected totals.
Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- The Jazz are 15-8-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, the Trail Blazers have been installed as underdogs by a 4-point margin or more 14 times and are 10-4 ATS in those contests.
- Jazz games have gone over the total 14 times out of 22 chances this season.
- Trail Blazers games this year have gone over the point total 10 times in 22 opportunities (45.5%).
- Utah has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered seven times in 11 opportunities when playing at home, and it has covered eight times in 13 opportunities in away games.
- This year, Portland is 4-5-0 at home against the spread (.444 winning percentage). On the road, it is 9-4-0 ATS (.692).
Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Prediction & Pick
The Jazz enter this game looking for another win after beating the Blazers, 118-113, about two weeks ago. Although the final score was fairly close, don't count on that happening this time as Portland will be without superstar point guard Damian Lillard (calf) for the seventh straight game.
The Trail Blazers have been dreadful without their leading playmaker, going 1-5 in the last six games. On top of that, they were outscored by a 13.2-point margin in those losses, proving that Portland just can't stay competitive without Lillard.
Even though the Jazz haven't been perfect lately, they've beaten the Blazers before while the former's two-game winning streak gives them some much-needed momentum. Look for Utah to take advantage of Portland's injury woes en route to victory.
Final Score Prediction: Jazz: 119 | Trail Blazers: 103
Jazz vs. Trail Blazers Best Bet
Jordan Clarkson played a massive role in the Jazz's latest win over the Trail Blazers, recording 28 points in 36 minutes of work. Since then, the veteran shooter has averaged 21.9 points over his last seven games, including five showings of 21-plus points.
With Clarkson's point total set to 21.5, I'm confident that he can clear that. It's a total that he's surpassed in five of his last eight games and with the way that Portland's backcourt is looking sans Lillard, I see another solid night in his future.
Bet: Over 220.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.