Jazz vs. Timberwolves Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 8 (Utah's Offense Shines Inside Vivint Arena)
Jazz vs. Timberwolves Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: SportsNet RM and BSNX
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Utah Jazz. The Timberwolves rank ninth in the Western Conference with a creditable 29-28 record, while the Jazz check in 10th with a 27-28 record.
Minnesota enters as a victor in five of its last eight games, but did suffer a 146-112 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Utah has now dropped three of its last five games thanks to a 124-111 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Monday. Which team will bounce back with a victory tonight?
Jazz vs. Timberwolves Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UTAH: (-205) | MINN: (+172)
- Spread: UTAH: -5.5 (-106) | MINN: +5.5 (-114)
- Total: 236 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Jazz enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Jazz vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- The Jazz are 29-23-1 against the spread this season.
- The Timberwolves have an against the spread record of 8-9 in their 17 games when underdogs by 3.5 points or more this season.
- This season, 29 of the Jazz's games have gone over the point total out of 56 chances.
- Timberwolves games this year have gone over the point total 44.6% of the time (25 out of 56 games with a set point total).
- Utah has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered 15 times in 28 games when playing at home, and it has covered 14 times in 25 games on the road.
- This year, Minnesota is 16-15-1 at home against the spread (.500 winning percentage). On the road, it is 10-14-0 ATS (.417).
Jazz vs. Timberwolves Prediction & Pick
The Timberwolves are set to play on the second night of a back-to-back, while the Jazz are set to play on the tail end of a five-game home stretch. That's not the only advantage Utah has going into this one, either. Minnesota center Rudy Gobert is not 100% healthy as he deals with groin soreness.
It gives the Jazz an opportunity to take control the boards tonight. Utah already ranks sixth in total rebounding rate in home games (51.8%) and now gets to face a banged-up Timberwolves team that ranks 28th in total rebounding rate in away games (47.5%). That'll make a noticeable difference.
Utah is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games against Minnesota, so back the Jazz in Vivint Arena.
Final Score Prediction: Jazz: 123 | Timberwolves: 117
Jazz vs. Timberwolves Best Bet
Backing the over is an intriguing option here, but there is an outside chance of this game turning into a blowout if Gobert cannot make his usual impact. It makes the Jazz team total come with more value. Utah is averaging a reliable 119.2 points per home game (No. 7 in NBA) on a 48.1% shooting mark.
The Jazz have scored at least 120 points in six of their last seven games against the Timberwolves as well as in five of their last 10 games overall. Jordan Clarkson & company should have no trouble crushing a Minnesota defense that allows 38.5 points per game from three-point land (No. 23 in NBA).
Bet: Utah Jazz Over 120.5 Points (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.