Jazz vs. Pelicans Game Info
- Date: Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: SportsNet RM and BSNO
The New Orleans Pelicans and Utah Jazz do battle for the second time in three days on Thursday as the Jazz host the Pelicans in a rematch of Tuesday's affair. Utah won that game handily, 121-100, so New Orleans will be out for revenge here.
Jazz vs. Pelicans Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NO: (-112) | UTA: (-104)
- Spread: NO: -1 (-110) | UTA: +1 (-110)
- Total: 232 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
These two teams are very evenly matched on the odds, but the Pelicans enter as the slimmest of road favorites. This game also features the highest total on Thursday's slate at 232 points.
Jazz vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- The Pelicans put together a 42-40-0 ATS record last year.
- The Jazz won twice ATS (2-6-1) as underdogs of 1 point or more last year.
- A total of 33 Pelicans games last season hit the over.
- In 82 Jazz games last year, 38 of them hit the over.
Jazz vs. Pelicans Prediction & Pick
While they didn't play like it on Tuesday, the Pelicans are the better team. They're tied with the Memphis Grizzlies for the top record in the Western Conference (18-9) and had won seven in a row prior to Tuesday's dud.
The Jazz are no pushovers, but they've been generally mediocre lately. Since starting 10-3, Utah has gone 6-11.
The Jazz have a good offense, ranking fourth in points per game and offensive rating. Their defense is subpar, however, whereas the Pelicans excel on both ends. New Orleans is fifth in offensive rating and third in defensive rating, proving to be more balanced.
Tuesday's game was likely an aberration, so expect the Pelicans to bounce back with a win tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Pelicans: 118 | Jazz: 114
Jazz vs. Pelicans Best Bet
As mentioned, New Orleans is the superior all-around team and should get the win tonight despite playing .500 ball on the road this year (6-6). It's tough to beat the same team twice in a row because the other side can make adjustments, which should happen in this case.
The spread has slightly more value than the moneyline in this case, so back the Pelicans to cover here.
Bet: Pelicans -1 (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.