Islanders vs Hurricanes Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for NHL Playoffs Game 5 (Carolina Wins to Advance to Round 2)
The 2022-23 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs continue on Tuesday, April 25. The Eastern Conference clash features Game 5 with the Carolina Hurricanes looking to clinch the series leading 3-1 vs the New York Islanders.
Islanders vs Hurricanes Game 5 Info
- Series: CAR leads 3-1
- Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Time: 7:10 p.m. ET
- Venue: PNC Arena -- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Coverage: TNT
The Islanders bounced back at home with a 5-1 victory over the Hurricanes in Game 3, but Carolina returned to form and cashed at near even money to win 5-2 in Game 4. Now the Metropolitan Division champs can put the series on ice and advance to Round 2 with a home win Tuesday night.
Islanders vs Hurricanes Odds & Spread
- All NHL betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYI: (+130) | CAR: (-156)
- Spread: NYI +1.5 (-205) | CAR: -1.5 (+168)
- Total: 5.5 -- Over: (+114) | Under: (-140)
The Hurricanes enter this contest as home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 5.5 goals with the under being favored at -140 odds.
Islanders vs Hurricanes Betting Trends
- The Islanders are 1-6 straight up (SU) in its last 7 games against the Hurricanes.
- The Islanders are 0-5 SU in their last 5 road games.
- The total has hit the Over in 5 of the Islanders' last 6 games, and 4 of last 5 Hurricanes.
- The Hurricanes are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
Islanders vs Hurricanes Prediction & Pick
Seth Jarvis scored twice as the Hurricanes took down the Islanders 5-2 in Game 4 for a 3-1 series lead. Carolina played most of the game without Jack Drury, who sustained an upper-body injury early on a boarding call against New York. Check his status for Game 5.
The Hurricanes are analytics darlings. They dominate the puck 5-on-5 and were third in high-danger scoring this season. The 'Canes also have 5 power-play goals plus a shorthanded goal in the series, adding to their ability to close out the series at home.
Final Score Prediction: Hurricanes: 4 | Islanders: 2
Islanders vs Hurricanes Best Bet
Carolina's talent and depth are stronger than New York's, but their ssue can be goaltending. So far in the series, Antti Raanta has played better than expected. The 'Canes are now 7-1 against the Islanders this season and look poised to clinch the series.
Rather than lay a bigger price on the overall moneyline, bet Carolina to win in regulation at even money.
Bet: Hurricanes to Win in Regulation (+100)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.