Iowa State vs West Virginia Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 27 (Don't Expect Fireworks in Big 12 Battle)
Iowa State vs West Virginia Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 23 Iowa State (17-11, 8-8 Big 12) vs. West Virginia (16-13, 5-11 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum -- Ames, Iowa
- Coverage: ESPN2
The No. 23 Iowa State Cyclones aim to snap a three-game losing streak when they host the Big 12 rival West Virginia Mountaineers for some NCAA college basketball action on Monday, Feb. 27.
Iowa State's offense continued to be missing in Saturday's 61-50 loss to Oklahoma. Meanwhile, West Virginia lost for the fourth time in its last five outings with a 76-74 loss to ranked Kansas over the weekend.
Can Iowa State stop the bleeding in front of its home crowd? Or will West Virginia find a way to upset its conference rival?
Iowa State vs West Virginia Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: IOWAST: (-235) | WVU: (+190)
- Spread: IOWAST: -5.5 (-110) | WVU: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Iowa State enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Iowa State vs West Virginia Betting Trends
- Iowa State's record against the spread is 14-14-0.
- As 3.5-point favorites or more, the Cyclones are 6-6 against the spread.
- Iowa State has played 28 games this year, and nine of them have gone over the total.
- West Virginia's record against the spread is 14-14-0.
- The Mountaineers are 3-2 as 3.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Out of West Virginia's 28 games so far this season, 19 have hit the over.
|Iowa State Rank||Iowa State AVG||West Virginia AVG||West Virginia Rank|
Iowa State vs West Virginia Prediction & Pick
Playing this game at James H. Hilton Coliseum should help Iowa State turn things around. The Cyclones have the fourth-best home scoring defense in the nation, allowing just 55.2 PPG on 39.8% shooting. They also have the ninth-most steals per home game (9.8) and force opponents to commit an average of 19.6 turnovers when they visit Ames, IA (No. 1).
I just don't see West Virginia's attack having much success here. The Mountaineers have averaged just 67 points in their last three road games — all losses. Furthermore, they lost each of those games by an average of 16 points.
With West Virginia also being just 1-6 on the road against Big 12 foes this season, there's no excuse for Iowa State to lose tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa State: 68 | West Virginia: 64
Iowa State vs West Virginia Best Bet
Although a 134.5-point total doesn't seem like much, I don't see Iowa State and West Virginia surpassing that total tonight. Again, the Mountaineers' offense has struggled on the road lately. On top of that, the Cyclones have been held to fewer than 60 points in four of their last five games.
Erring on the side of caution, anticipate fewer points than expected tonight.
Bet: Under 134.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.