Iowa State vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 15 (Don't Expect Fireworks at James H. Hilton Coliseum)
Iowa State vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 19 Iowa State (16-8, 7-5 Big 12) vs. No. 22 TCU (17-8, 6-6 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum -- Ames, Iowa
- Coverage: ESPNU
Wednesday, Feb. 15's NCAA college basketball schedule pits two slumping Big 12 teams head-to-head as the No. 19 Iowa State Cyclones take on the No. 22 TCU Horned Frogs.
Iowa State lost for the fifth time in its last seven outings with a 64-56 loss to Oklahoma State on Saturday. Meanwhile, a 72-68 loss to ranked Baylor saw TCU drop to 1-4 in its last five outings. Only time will tell if a return home will help the Horned Frogs break out of their funk.
Can Iowa State avoid its second home loss of the season? Or will TCU play the spoiler on the road?
Iowa State vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: IOWAST: (-182) | TCU: (+150)
- Spread: IOWAST: -3.5 (-120) | TCU: +3.5 (-102)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Iowa State enters this contest as the home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Iowa State vs TCU Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Iowa State is 13-11-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Cyclones are 5-5.
- Out of 24 Iowa State's games so far this year, nine have gone over the total.
- TCU has covered the spread 13 times in 25 games.
- As 3.5-point underdogs or greater, the Horned Frogs are 4-2 against the spread.
- TCU has seen 14 of its 25 games go over the point total.
|Iowa State Rank||Iowa State AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Iowa State vs TCU Prediction & Pick
The injury bug has been pestering TCU recently. Mike Miles (knee), Eddie Lampkin Jr. (ankle) and Damion Bough (lower body) are all questionable to face Iowa State tonight. Considering how Miles and Bough average the first- and third-most points, respectively on the team, the Horned Frogs could be in trouble tonight.
Iowa State's recent struggles stem from offensive inconsistencies, but the defense is still there. The Cyclones are only allowing 61.8 PPG this season (No. 14), which drops to 54.5 PPG at home. While TCU owns the 51st-best scoring offense (76.2 PPG), the team has averaged just 67.3 points over the last three games.
Iowa State has also won five of its six home games against Big 12 foes thus far, whereas TCU is 2-4 on the road in conference play. Beating opponents by a 19.6-point margin at James H. Hilton Coliseum this season, look for Iowa State to remain strong at home with another win.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa State: 68 | TCU: 65
Iowa State vs TCU Best Bet
When it comes to the matchup's best bet, I'm set on backing the total going under 134.5 points. Although the over is 11-4 in the last 15 Iowa State-TCU showdowns, the Big 12 rivals have averaged just 114.7 points in their last three meetings, finishing with fewer than 134.5 points twice in that span.
With TCU being banged up and Iowa State's offense nowhere to be found, siding with the under is the right call tonight.
Bet: Under 134.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.