Iowa State vs Kansas State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 12 Iowa State (14-4, 5-2 Big 12) vs. No. 5 Kansas State (17-2, 6-1 Big 12)
- Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum -- Ames, Iowa
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 5 Kansas State Wildcats and No. 12 Iowa State Cyclones. Kansas State is coming off an exciting 68-58 win over Texas Tech on Saturday. Markquis Nowell tallied 23 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists.
Meanwhile, Iowa State fell just short in a 61-59 loss to Oklahoma State its last time out on Saturday. The Cyclones were held to a 22.2% shooting percentage from three-point range and allowed the Cowboys to rack up 28 free throw attempts. Osun Osunniyi tallied 15 points and 7 rebounds.
Iowa State vs Kansas State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: IOWAST: (-210) | KAN ST: (+172)
- Spread: IOWAST: -5.5 (-104) | KAN ST: +5.5 (-118)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Iowa State enters this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Iowa State vs Kansas State Betting Trends
- Iowa State has 12 wins in 18 games against the spread this year.
- The Cyclones have an ATS record of 4-3 as 5.5-point favorites or greater.
- There have been six Iowa State's games (out of 18) that went over the total this season.
- Kansas State has covered the spread 13 times in 19 games.
- The Wildcats are yet to lose ATS (2-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Kansas State has played 19 games this season, and 11 of them have hit the over.
|Iowa State Rank||Iowa State AVG||Kansas State AVG||Kansas State Rank|
Iowa State vs Kansas State Prediction & Pick
This is must-see television for Big 12 fans and college basketball fans alike. Playing at James H. Hilton Coliseum gives Iowa State one of the best home-field advantages in the country as 13,000 rowdy fans give it all they got. However, this Kansas State team has shown it does not get fazed on the road.
The Wildcats have already taken down both Baylor and Texas in crucial Big 12 road wins. Head coach Jerome Tang's team shoots 36.9% from three-point range (No. 2 in Big 12) in away games and forces 15.6 turnovers per game (No. 33 in NCAA) on the season. That's a flat-out dangerous combination.
Kansas State is also 4-1 straight up in its last five games against Iowa State, so give me the Wildcats.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa State: 67 | Kansas State: 69
Iowa State vs Kansas State Best Bet
Bettors that have continually trusted Kansas State have been cashing one bet after another this year. The Wildcats are 14-5 against the spread (ATS) overall and 6-1 ATS in their last seven games. Keep in mind they are also 4-1 ATS in their last five road games against Iowa State. Those are strong trends.
Iowa State is on an undeniably powerful run right now as well, but it's worth noting the Cyclones have not beaten the Wildcats by at least 6 points since February of 2020. Nowell and Keyontae Johnson are the best players on this court tonight, which makes siding with Kansas State the best option.
Bet: Kansas State Wildcats +5.5 (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.