Indiana vs Iowa Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 28 (Hoosiers' Defense Frustrates Hawkeyes in Big Ten Tilt)
Indiana vs Iowa Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 15 Indiana (20-9, 11-7 Big Ten) vs. Iowa (18-11, 10-8 Big Ten)
- Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Assembly Hall -- Bloomington, Indiana
- Coverage: ESPN2
Tuesday, Feb. 28's NCAA college basketball schedule features the No. 15 Indiana Hoosiers hosting the rival Iowa Hawkeyes in a Big Ten battle at 7 p.m. ET.
Indiana is fresh off a huge 79-71 victory over No. 5 Purdue on Saturday, led by Jalen Hood-Schifino's game-high 35 points. Meanwhile, Iowa hopes to build on the momentum stemming from its 112-106 overtime win over Michigan State.
Does Indiana have what it takes to win its seventh straight home game? Or will Iowa find a way to upset its conference foe?
Indiana vs Iowa Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: IND: (-220) | IOWA: (+180)
- Spread: IND: -5.5 (-110) | IOWA: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 155.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Indiana enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 155.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Indiana vs Iowa Betting Trends
- Indiana's record against the spread is 15-14-0.
- Against the spread as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Hoosiers are 7-6.
- Indiana has played 29 games this year, and 16 of them have hit the over.
- Against the spread, Iowa is 16-13-0 this season.
- As a 5.5-point underdog or more, the Hawkeyes have one win ATS (1-1) this year.
- Out of Iowa's 29 games so far this year, 16 have hit the over.
|Indiana Rank||Indiana AVG||Iowa AVG||Iowa Rank|
Indiana vs Iowa Prediction & Pick
Indiana's home winning streak has seen it defeat some solid teams, including Purdue, Rutgers and Illinois. Defensive consistency has played a big role in the Hoosiers' success at Assembly Hall. They've only allowed 64.3 PPG during their home winning streak and have held opponents to 39.8% field-goal and 30.2% three-point percentages at home this season.
It's hard to imagine Iowa succeeding tonight when it has lost five of its last six road games. It doesn't help that the Hawkeyes' impressive offense (80.4 PPG, No. 14) craters to a 67.8 PPG clip when they hit the road. Considering how they're boasting a minus-16.0 scoring margin in their last two road losses alone, there's little reason to like the road team here.
Expect Indiana to continue its home domiance with another strong effort at Assembly Hall.
Final Score Prediction: Indiana: 76 | Iowa: 70
Indiana vs Iowa Best Bet
Iowa's inability to play well on the road has led to my leaning toward Indiana on the spread. In addition to being 3-6-1 ATS on the road this season, the Hawkeyes have also failed to cover the spread in four of their last five trips to Bloomington, IN.
Meanwhile, the Hoosiers are 6-2 ATS at home against Big Ten competition this season and have covered the spread in eight of their last 11 meetings with the Hawkeyes, regardless of the location.
Iowa will push at times, but Indiana's defense will prevail in the end, helping the home team cover the spread in the process.
Bet: Indiana -5.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.