Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 20 CBI Tournament Game (Expect Fireworks)
Monday, March 20's 2022-23 CBI Tournament schedule includes a quarterfinal matchup between the Indiana State Sycamores and Eastern Kentucky Colonels at noon ET.
Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Game Info
- 2022-23 College Basketball Invitational Game
- Indiana State Sycamores (23-12) vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels (21-13)
- Date: Monday, March 20, 2023
- Time: 12 PM ET
- Venue: Ocean Center -- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Coverage: FloSports
Indiana State advanced past the first round with a close-fought 67-62 victory over South Carolina Upstate. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky picked up a huge 91-75 overtime win against Cleveland State, outscoring the Vikings 17-1 in the extra frame.
Which team's CBI run will continue once the dust settles?
Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: INST: (-300) | EKU: (+240)
- Spread: INST: -6.5 (-110) | EKU: +6.5 (-110)
- Total: 151.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Indiana State enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 151.5 points with both sides available at -110 odds.
Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Betting Trends
- Indiana State is 10-3 straight up in its last 13 games.
- Eastern Kentucky is 5-1 straight up in its last six games on a Monday.
- Indiana is 12-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last 14 games.
- Eastern Kentucky is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games as the underdog.
- The total has hit the over in four of Indiana State's last six games.
- The total has hit the under in 19 of Eastern Kentucky's last 31 games.
Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Prediction & Pick
Both of these teams do a good job at scoring the ball, but the edge goes to Indiana State. While Eastern Kentucky averages a respectable 72.4 PPG (T-No. 129), Indiana State ranks No. 21 in the country with a 78.3 PPG clip. The Sycamores also shoot 48.0% from the field (No. 15), whereas the Colonels average a 42.2% field-goal percentage (No. 290).
Indiana State also has the defensive edge, only surrendering 69.1 PPG (No. 135) compared to Eastern Kentucky's 72.3 PPG allowed (No. 230). It's also hard not to like the Sycamores' chances when the Colonels have lost five of their last six games against the MVC.
Also factoring that it's gone 10-1 straight up in its last 11 outings as the favorite, it's easy to see why this is Indiana State's game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Indiana State: 79 | Eastern Kentucky: 74
Indiana State vs Eastern Kentucky Best Bet
The OVER is looking like the best bet for tonight's contest. Both Indiana State and Eastern Kentucky are capable of putting up points, backed by the OVER being a combined 6-4 in their neutral site games this season. Furthermore, the Sycamores have allowed 75-plus points in back-to-back outings while the Conels have surrendered 70 or more in two of their last three.
With both teams looking to step up to advance to the next round, expect a fair amount of offense at Ocean Center.
Bet: Over 151.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.