Illinois vs Ohio State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Illinois (13-6, 4-4 Big Ten) vs. Ohio State (11-8, 3-5 Big Ten)
- Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: State Farm Center -- Champaign, Illinois
The Illinois Fighting Illini are set to host the Ohio State Buckeyes for some NCAA college basketball action on Tuesday, Jan. 24.
Illinois is out for revenge tonight after Thursday's 80-65 loss to Indiana snapped the Fighting Illini's winning streak at four games. Meanwhile, Ohio State put an end to its losing ways over the weekend, picking up a 93-77 win against Iowa behind Brice Sensabaugh's game-high 27 points on 10-of-12 shooting.
Can Illinois prove that its latest loss was just a fluke? Or does Ohio State have what it takes to upset its Big Ten rival on the road?
Illinois vs Ohio State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ILL: (-182) | OHIOST: (+150)
- Spread: ILL: -3.5 (-118) | OHIOST: +3.5 (-104)
- Total: 144.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Illinois enters this contest as the slight home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 144.5 points with both sides set at -110.
Illinois vs Ohio State Betting Trends
- Illinois is 11-8-0 against the spread this year.
- The Fighting Illini's ATS record as 3.5-point favorites or more is 9-6.
- Illinois has played 19 games this year, and nine of them have gone over the total.
- Ohio State is 8-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buckeyes are winless ATS (0-4) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year.
- Out of Ohio State's 19 games so far this year, 11 have hit the over.
|Illinois Rank||Illinois AVG||Ohio State AVG||Ohio State Rank|
Illinois vs Ohio State Prediction & Pick
Even though momentum is on Ohio State's side, I predict that Illinois will emerge the victor tonight. The Fighting Illini have thrived at home, going 9-2 at State Farm Center this season. They also average 79.3 PPG on 46.7% shooting with a plus-19.2 scoring margin at home.
On the flip side, Ohio State is only a plus-1.3 on the road. The Buckeyes have also lost three consecutive road games, only scoring 65.7 PPG in defeat. It also doesn't help that they're only 1-5 as underdogs this season, whereas the Fighting Illi have won 11 of their 16 outings as the favorites.
The home crowd should give Illinois a boost against struggling Ohio State, so back the Fighting Illini to win this conference clash.
Final Score Prediction: Illinois: 76 | Ohio State: 70
Illinois vs Ohio State Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I'm most confident in Illinois covering as the -3.5 favorite. The Fighting Illini have done a good job at that lately, going 4-1 ATS in their last five games. Ohio State hasn't had that much luck, going 1-4 ATS over the last five games while failing to cover in five of its last six road outings.
Playing some great basketball at home, expect Illinois to cover the 3.5-point spread tonight.
Bet: Illinois -3.5 (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.