Hungary vs Denmark Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for 2023 IIHF World Championship Game (Back the Experienced Squad)
By Larry Rupp
The 2023 IIHF World Championship continues on Saturday, May 13, with a Group A matchup between Hungary and Denmark.
Hungary vs Denmark Game Info
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Time: 9:20 a.m. ET
- Venue: Nokia Arena -- Tampere, Finland
This is a matchup between two teams looking to make a mark at the 2023 IIHF World Championship. Hungary is back in action at this storied event for the first time since 2016 as it recently earned a promotion. Meanwhile, Denmark is back after failing to make it out of the group stage last year.
Hungary vs Denmark Odds & Spread
- All IIHF World Championship betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HUN: (+490) | DEN: (-750)
- Spread: HUN: +2.5 (-115) | DEN: -2.5 (-105)
- Total: 5 -- Over: (-134) | Under: (+110)
Denmark enters this contest as the favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This group stage clash also features an over/under of 5 goals with the over favored at -130 odds.
Hungary vs Denmark Betting Trends
- Hungary is 0-0-0 in the 2023 IIHF World Championship group stage.
- Denmark is 0-0-0 in the 2023 IIHF World Championship group stage.
- Hungary did not participate in the 2022 IIHF World Championship.
- Denmark failed to make it out of the group stage at the 2022 IIHF World Championship.
- Denmark is 3-1 straight up in its last four head-to-head matchups against Hungary.
Hungary vs Denmark Prediction & Pick
There's no denying that this game lines up as a mismatch. Hungary enters Saturday on an eight-game losing streak in international play and six of those losses have come by a margin of at least 2 goals. Seeing them turn things around against a Denmark team playing with motivation seems unlikely.
Denmark has won three of its last five international games and has the experience advantage in this matchup. The players on its roster know what it is like to play in the IIHF World Championship, which cannot be said about players representing Hungary. Without any NHL talent in this one, that is vital.
I'll back the Danes to start off with a win against a squad they have beaten in three of four matchups.
Final Score Prediction: Hungary: 2 | Denmark: 4
Hungary vs Denmark Best Bet
Hungary's defense is what should be worrying head coach Kevin Constantine on Saturday. It's a unit that has allowed at least 4 goals in five of its last seven international contests. Denmark has scored 5 goals in two of its three all-time wins over Hungary and a similar offensive outburst should be coming.
Bet: Denmark Over 3.5 Goals (-148)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.