Houston vs Tulane Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 1 Houston (17-1, 5-0 AAC) vs. Tulane (12-5, 5-1 AAC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Devlin Fieldhouse -- New Orleans, Louisiana
The AAC will be in action on Tuesday, Jan. 17 as the No. 1 Houston Cougars pay a visit to Devlin Fieldhouse to take on the Tulane Green Wave.
Houston's latest victory — an 83-77 win over South Florida — was the Cougars' eighth in a row, showing that the nation's top team has no plans to slow down. Meanwhile, Tulane has built up a winning streak of its own, notching its fifth straight win with a 77-69 effort against UCF on Saturday.
Can Houston maintain its status as the No. 1 program with another win tonight? Or will Tulane shock its AAC rival with an upset at home?
Houston vs Tulane Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-610) | TULANE: (+440)
- Spread: HOU: -10.5 (-115) | TULANE: +10.5 (-105)
- Total: 146.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Houston enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Houston vs Tulane Betting Trends
- Houston is 12-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 10-5 as 9.5-point favorites or greater.
- There have been eight Houston's games (out of 18) that went over the total this year.
- Tulane has seven wins in 17 games against the spread this year.
- Tulane has seen 11 of its 17 games go over the point total.
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||Tulane AVG||Tulane Rank|
Houston vs Tulane Prediction & Pick
Tulane might have the 12th-best offense in the nation (81.9 PPG), but it's about to get smothered by Houston's elite defense. The Cougars only allow 52.9 PPG (No. 1) on 34.0% shooting (No. 2). They're also terrific on the glass, averaging 39.8 rebounds (No. 13) compared to Tulane's 32.7 RPG clip (No. 269).
While playing on the road is a detriment to some, that isn't the case for Kelvin Sampson's team. Houston's plus-16.8 road scoring margin is the best mark in the country. While Tulane is a plus-13.4 at home, the Green Wave are a minus-17.5 in their last six home games against the Cougars.
With Houston also winning nine straight games against Tulane, I like the Cougars standing tall at the end of this AAC showdown.
Final Score Prediction: Houston: 78 | Tulane: 65
Houston vs Tulane Best Bet
A 10.5-point spread can be intimidating, but Houston is in a great position to cover tonight. Not only are the Cougars 5-2 ATS in their last seven games, but they've also covered the spread in seven of their last 10 meetings with Tulane.
Furthermore, Houston has picked up its last nine victories over Tulane by an average of 21.4 points. With the Cougars' defense being as elite as it is, it should be another one-sided victory for Houston tonight.
Bet: Houston -10.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.