Houston vs Temple Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 5 (Will the Cougars Fall Victim to an Upset?)
Houston vs Temple Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 3 Houston (21-2, 9-1 AAC) vs. Temple (14-9, 8-2 AAC)
- Date: Sunday, February 5, 2023
- Time: 6:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Liacouras Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the No. 3 Houston Cougars and Temple Owls. Houston is coming off a 70-61 win over Wichita State on Thursday. Five different Cougars players scored in double digits as the team shot 44.6% overall.
Meanwhile, Temple enters on an impressive four-game winning streak that includes a 77-70 victory over UCF on Jan. 28. Kahlif Battle came off the bench to lead the Owls with 26 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Can Temple extend its winning streak? Or will Houston put an end to the Owls' success?
Houston vs Temple Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-720) | TEMPLE: (+500)
- Spread: HOU: -11.5 (-105) | TEMPLE: +11.5 (-115)
- Total: 131.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Houston enters this contest as heavy road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 131.5 points, which is below average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Houston vs Temple Betting Trends
- Houston has 14 wins in 23 games against the spread this year.
- The Cougars' ATS record as 11.5-point favorites or more is 9-7.
- This year, 11 of Houston's 23 games have hit the over.
- Against the spread, Temple is 14-9-0 this year.
- The Owls have covered every time (1-0) as a 11.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Out of Temple's 23 games so far this season, 10 have gone over the total.
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||Temple AVG||Temple Rank|
Houston vs Temple Prediction & Pick
It's noteworthy to point out that Temple pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the college basketball season when it beat this Houston team by a final score of 56-55 back on Jan. 22. The Cougars simply could not figure out how to pick apart the Owls' defense and it cost them a crucial conference victory.
Don't expect Temple to finish off a season sweep, though. Houston is 7-0 on the road this season and has posted a stellar +15.7 average scoring margin in away games. The team with the next-best away mark checks in at +9.0. The Cougars rank third in defensive efficiency in away games as well.
Houston had won six straight games against Temple prior to the last meeting, so trust the Cougars to bounce back.
Final Score Prediction: Houston: 70 | Temple: 62
Houston vs Temple Best Bet
Houston has the depth and talent to pull away in the second half of this game, but covering an 11.5-point spread is a lot to ask. The Cougars are only 2-4 against the spread (ATS) in their last six games, while the Owls are 5-1 ATS in their last six games. Momentum favors the home team right now.
Temple last hosted Houston in January of 2022 and that game ended in a 66-61 victory for the Cougars. A similar result here wouldn't be surprising. After all, the Owls are 9-0 ATS in their last nine games on a Sunday. An underrated defense and rowdy crowd will keep the Cougars frustrated.
Bet: Temple Owls +11.5 (-115)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.