Hornets vs. Cavaliers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 12 (Cleveland Prevails in Low-Scoring Showdown)
Hornets vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Coverage: BSSE and BSOH
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with six more games, including a battle between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Charlotte Hornets. The Cavaliers rank fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 42-27 record, while the Hornets check in 14th with a 22-47 record. This one lines up as a mismatch.
Cleveland enters as a victor in four of its last six games, but fell short in a close 119-115 loss to the Miami Heat on Friday. Meanwhile, Charlotte has now dropped four of its last six games thanks to a 119-111 loss to the Utah Jazz on Saturday.
Which squad will emerge victorious on Sunday night? Let's take a look.
Hornets vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHA: (+275) | CLE: (-360)
- Spread: CHA: +8.5 (-112) | CLE: -8.5 (-108)
- Total: 220 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 5 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 220 points, which ranks as the lowest of Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Hornets vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers have put together a record of 34-29-4 against the spread this season.
- This year, the Hornets have an against-the-spread record of 11-12-2 in their 25 games as an underdog of 7.5 points or more.
- Cavaliers games have gone over the total 32 times this season.
- Hornets games this year have gone over the total in 29 of 67 opportunities (43.3%).
- Cleveland has done a better job covering the spread in home games (20-12-2) than it has in road affairs (14-17-2).
- This year, Charlotte is 11-20-0 at home against the spread (.355 winning percentage). On the road, it is 17-15-4 ATS (.472).
Hornets vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
The Hornets are well out of playoff contention at this point in the season, which means the coaching staff is much more willing to put unproven players on the court to see what they have. The same cannot be said about a Cavaliers team battling for a top-four seed in the East, though.
Cleveland enters this game boasting the second-best defensive efficiency mark in the NBA, allowing only 106.6 points per game (No. 1 in NBA) on a shooting percentage of 46.6% (No. 6 in NBA). Charlotte ranks dead last in offensive efficiency and will not be able to score enough to win here.
Cleveland has won 13 of its last 20 games against Charlotte, so back the Cavaliers to earn a road win.
Final Score Prediction: Hornets: 105 | Cavaliers: 112
Hornets vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
This game features the lowest point total of Sunday's NBA slate for a number of reasons. Cleveland plays at the second-slowest pace in the league and has scored fewer than 115 points in six of its last 11 games. On the other side, Charlotte is averaging a dismal 103.2 points over its last six contests.
The total has hit the under in nine of the Hornets' last 10 games as well as in seven of the Cavaliers' last 10 games. The under has also cashed in under in six of the last seven games between Cleveland and Charlotte inside the Spectrum Center. Trust the trends and back a low-scoring battle to unfold.
Bet: Under 220 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.