Gonzaga vs San Francisco Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 9 (Bulldogs Win Big in WCC Showdown)
Gonzaga vs San Francisco Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 16 Gonzaga (19-5, 8-2 WCC) vs. San Francisco (15-11, 4-7 WCC)
- Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center -- Spokane, Washington
- Coverage: ESPN2
The No. 16 Gonzaga Bulldogs aim to return to their winning ways when the San Francisco Dons visit McCarthey Athletic Center for a WCC showdown on Thursday, Feb. 9.
Gonzaga suffered a 78-70 overtime loss against then-No. 18 Saint Mary's over the weekend, ending the Bulldogs' winning streak at three games. San Francisco hasn't had much recent luck either. The Dons have lost back-to-back outings, most recently falling 84-70 to Santa Clara.
Can Gonzaga solidify its standing as a top-25 program with a strong effort at home? Or does San Francisco have what it takes to upset the Bulldogs in front of their fans?
Gonzaga vs San Francisco Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GONZ: (-1600) | S FRAN: (+860)
- Spread: GONZ: -14.5 (-110) | S FRAN: +14.5 (-110)
- Total: 155.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Gonzaga enters this contest as the heavy home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 155.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Gonzaga vs San Francisco Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Gonzaga is 8-15-0 this season.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 5-6 as 13.5-point favorites or greater.
- There have been 12 Gonzaga's games (out of 23) that went over the total this season.
- San Francisco has 13 wins in 25 games against the spread this season.
- Out of San Francisco's 25 games so far this season, 10 have gone over the total.
|Gonzaga Rank||Gonzaga AVG||San Francisco AVG||San Francisco Rank|
Gonzaga vs San Francisco Prediction & Pick
This matchup's odds are lopsided and for good reason. Gonzaga has, arguably, the country's best offense, averaging 84.2 points (No. 1) while shooting 51.0% from the field (No. 1) and 38.1% from three-point range (No. 20). Even more impressive is that the Bulldogs' attack increases to an 89.8 PPG clip at home.
It's hard to believe that San Francisco can keep pace with Gonzaga's offense. On top of losing three of their last five away games, the Dons operate at a minus-0.4 scoring margin on the road. It doesn't help that they're giveaway-prone either, averaging 14.3 turnovers per contest overall (T-No. 311).
Furthermore, Gonzaga has won 25 straight games against San Francisco and has not lost at home to the Dons since February 1989 — a winning streak of 33 straight contests. In other words, the Bulldogs won't have any issues increasing their win total tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Gonzaga: 88 | San Francisco: 70
Gonzaga vs San Francisco Best Bet
A 14.5-point spread can be intimidating, but blowing out San Francisco is what Gonzaga does best. The Bulldogs have won their last eight matchups against the Dons at McCarthey Athletic Center by an average of 28.4 points, winning by at least 15 in all but one of those contests.
With San Francisco unable to keep things close in Spokane, back Gonzaga covering the spread.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.