Germany vs Finland Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for 2023 IIHF World Championship Game (Trust Finland to Bounce Back)
By Larry Rupp
The 2023 IIHF World Championship continues on Saturday, May 13, with a Group A matchup between Germany and Finland.
Germany vs Finland Game Info
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Time: 1:20 p.m. ET
- Venue: Nokia Arena -- Tampere, Finland
This is a matchup between two teams looking to replicate the success they found at the 2022 IIHF World Championship. Finland took home a gold medal as it dominated one team after another, while Germany reached the quarterfinals before falling short in a 4-1 loss to the Czech Republic.
Germany vs Finland Odds & Spread
- All IIHF World Championship betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GER: (+490) | FIN: (-750)
- Spread: GER: +2.5 (-138) | FIN: -2.5 (+112)
- Total: 4.5 -- Over: (-122) | Under: (+100)
Finland enters this contest as the favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This group stage clash also features an over/under of 4.5 goals with the over favored at -122 odds.
Germany vs Finland Betting Trends
- Germany is 0-0-0 in the 2023 IIHF World Championship group stage.
- Finland is 0-1-0 in the 2023 IIHF World Championship group stage.
- Germany reached the quarterfinals round of the 2022 IIHF World Championship.
- Finland won the gold medal at the 2022 IIHF World Championship.
- Finland is 2-2 straight up in its last four head-to-head matchups against Germany.
Germany vs Finland Prediction & Pick
Finland is considered a favorite to win this entire tournament given it is the reigning champion and earned a gold medal at the 2022 Olympics as well. The Finns are on a roll, but did notably lose their first game (against Team USA) on Friday morning. They are in need of a bounce-back performance.
Germany enters as a loser in four of its last seven international games and was blown out by Slovakia in the first round of the 2022 Olympic playoffs. Both of these teams roster NHL talent, but only one team has the biggest star in Mikko Rantanen (2022 Stanley Cup Champion). That would be Finland.
I'll trust the Finns to earn a victory, especially since this game is being played in their home country.
Final Score Prediction: Germany: 1 | Finland: 3
Germany vs Finland Best Bet
I like the Finnish to emerge victorious on Saturday, but I don't like their chances of scoring more than 3 goals. They have scored less than 4 goals in each of their last 10 international contests, including when they only scored 1 against Team USA on Friday. That trend is far too hard to ignore in this one.
Bet: Finland Under 3.5 Goals (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.