Florida State vs Louisville Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 4 (Seminoles Get Much-Needed Win in ACC Tilt)
Florida State vs Louisville Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Florida State (7-16, 5-7 ACC) vs. Louisville (3-19, 1-10 ACC)
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: KFC Yum! Center -- Louisville, Kentucky
The Florida State Seminoles look to break out of a three-game losing streak when they visit the Louisville Cardinals for some ACC action on Saturday, Feb. 4.
Florida State limps into today's contest following a 94-66 blowout loss to NC State on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Louisville put a 10-game losing streak to bed with a 68-58 win against Georgia Tech earlier this week, led by Jaelyn Withers' 19-point, 13-rebound double-double.
Can Florida State beat up on the lowly Cardinals to get back on track? Or will Louisville win back-to-back games for just the second time this season?
Florida State vs Louisville Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: FSU: (-230) | LOUIS: (+188)
- Spread: FSU: -5.5 (-110) | LOUIS: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Florida State enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points with the over being favored at -110 odds.
Florida State vs Louisville Betting Trends
- Florida State has 11 wins in 23 games against the spread this year.
- The Seminoles have an ATS record of 3-3 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- Out of 23 Florida State's games so far this season, 12 have hit the over.
- Louisville has six wins in 22 games against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Cardinals are 5-11.
- Out of Louisville's 22 games so far this season, nine have gone over the total.
|Florida State Rank||Florida State AVG||Louisville AVG||Louisville Rank|
Florida State vs Louisville Prediction & Pick
Florida State and Louisville are where they are in the standings due to two horrific defenses. The Seminoles allow 75.2 PPG (No. 291) heading into today's game while the Cardinals surrender 74.5 PPG (No. 276). In other words, this game will likely come down to the better offense and, in that case, I'm siding with FSU.
Florida State scores 69.7 PPG (No. 198) and while that isn't mind-blowing, the Seminoles have at least scored 70-plus points in three of their last five games. For reference, Louisville has only hit the 70-point mark four times all season. FSU also has the playmaking edge, averaging 13.7 assists (No. 99) to Louisville's 9.0 (No. 360).
If that isn't convincing enough, Florida State has also won six straight games against Louisville, outscoring its ACC rival by an average of 12.8 points over that span.
It won't be pretty, but FSU is in a good position to walk out of KFC Yum! Center with the victory.
Final Score Prediction: Florida State: 74 | Louisville : 65
Florida State vs Louisville Best Bet
Though success has eluded Florida State, the Seminoles have thrived against the spread. Not only are they 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games, but they've also covered the spread in 11 of their last 16 ACC matchups.
Meanwhile, Louisville is 1-4 ATS in its last five outings and 3-13 ATS in its last 16 games on a Saturday. On top of that, the Cardinals have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games against the Seminoles.
With Louisville rarely keeping things close recently, expect Florida State to cover the 5.5-point spread en route to victory.
Bet: Florida State -5.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.