FAU vs Fairleigh Dickinson Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 19 NCAA Tournament Game (Expect a Close Game)
Florida Atlantic vs Fairleigh Dickinson Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Tournament Game
- No. 25 Florida Atlantic (32-3) vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (21-15)
- Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Venue: Nationwide Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
- Coverage: truTV
The 2022-23 NCCA Tournament Round of 32 continues Sunday as the No. 9 Florida Atlantic Owls take on the No. 16 Fairleigh Dickinson Knights in an East Region Clash.
In what was a back-and-forth tilt, Florida Atlantic emerged with a 66-65 victory over No. 8 Memphis in the first round. On the other side, Fairleigh Dickinson shocked the college basketball world with a huge 63-58 upset win against No. 1 Purdue.
Does Florida Atlantic have what it takes to move on? Or will Fairleigh Dickinson's storybook run continue?
Florida Atlantic vs Fairleigh Dickinson Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: FAU: (-1100) | FDU: (+680)
- Spread: FAU: -14.5 (-105) | FDU: +14.5 (-115)
- Total: 150.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Florida Atlantic enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:45 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 150.5 points with both sides available at -110 odds.
Florida Atlantic vs Fairleigh Dickinson Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic's record against the spread is 23-10-0.
- Against the spread as 13.5-point favorites or more, the Owls are 4-1.
- Florida Atlantic has seen 17 of its 33 games go over the point total.
- Fairleigh Dickinson's record against the spread is 15-19-0.
- The Knights have won twice ATS (2-2) as a 13.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- There have been 19 Fairleigh Dickinson games (out of 34) that hit the over this season.
|Florida Atlantic Rank||Florida Atlantic AVG||Fairleigh Dickinson AVG||Fairleigh Dickinson Rank|
Florida Atlantic vs Fairleigh Dickinson Prediction & Pick
After holding Purdue to 58 points on .358/.192/.789 shooting, Fairleigh Dickinson has another tough challenge ahead. Florida Atlantic owns the 26th-best offense in the country (77.8 PPG) and is more accurate than the Knights' last opponent, shooting 46.6% from the field (No. 42) and 37.0% from beyond the arc (No. 33).
The Owls won't have issues being accurate on Sunday. Despite the Knights' solid defensive performance against the Boilermakers, the fact remains that they allow opponents to shoot 47.8% from the floor (No. 343).
It's also worth mentioning that FDU only shot .387/.304/.800 against Purdue. Considering how FAU averages the 16th-most defensive rebounds, the Knights can't afford to be that inaccurate again.
Fairleigh Dickinson has the momentum to make things interesting, but Florida Atlantic is still a top-25 program and will pull away at some point.
Final Score Prediction: Florida Atlantic: 78 | Fairleigh Dickinson: 72
Florida Atlantic vs Fairleigh Dickinson Best Bet
While I see Fairleigh Dickinson's March Madness run ending, I don't think it'll be in a blowout like the odds imply. After beating the Boilermakers, the Knights are now 5-1 ATS in their last six outings and 7-1 ATS in their last eight as the underdog. Meanwhile, FAU is 1-2 ATS in its last three as the favorite and could be in trouble if it underestimates FDU as Purdue did.
Look for Fairlweigh Dickinson not to go down without a fight.
Bet: Fairleigh Dickinson +14.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.