These three movies have something in common. Not only are they all legendary James Bond movies, but Baccarat was the casino card game played by 007 in all 3 movies. This high-class casino game is the game of choice for many high-rollers.
As one of the oldest casino games worldwide, Baccarat is a popular choice among traditional and online casino players. The popularity of the game can be attributed to its low house edge, and of course the simplicity of the game. The game involves dealing the ‘Player’ and the ‘Banker’ with a hand of cards, the target is to attain a card combination that is as close to 9 as possible.
How to Play Baccarat
- You have to select which hand you want to bet on out of 3 possible betting options: Player, Banker, or Tie. The game is played with 8 decks of cards that are dealt from a show and rearranged after each hand. Number 10, K, and Q are counted as 0. Aces have a value of 1, numbers 2 through 9 retain their regular number value.
- In total, 4 cards are dealt, the Player receives cards 1 and 3 while the Banker gets cards 2 and 4.
- After the cards are dealt. The card total is visible on the screen. The goal of the game is to get a ‘Natural’ which is a point total that is as close to 9 as possible.
- If the sum of the card combination is a 2 digit number, the first digit is invalid.
- If the Banker or Player gets 8 or 9, this is a ‘Stand’. Anyone whose card total is closest to 9 is declared the winner of the game.
- However, if the 'Player' gets 5 or lower, then they are given a third card- the Hit. Then the Banker determines the next line of action after considering their own hand total. If the Banker has 2 or lower, then a third card is dealt.
- A ‘Tie’ is called when the Banker and Player have the same hand total.
- You can also place side bets by betting on ‘Player pair’ or ‘Banker pair’. This simply involves betting on whether the first 2 cards will be dealt to the ‘Banker’ or the ‘Player’.
Baccarat Visuals and Sounds
The game features an intuitive user interface that enables players to enjoy top quality chip and card animations. Online baccarat feature cool, ambient background sounds. For players who would rather play in a sound-free environment, background music can be adjusted in the game settings.
Online Baccarat allows the player to customize their screen. There are 2 different table styles to select from- digital or classic table styles. Players can change the table style from the intro or from the settings. However, this can only be done before the game starts. No matter the table style you choose to use, the payouts and rules of the game remain the same.
With this feature, players can enjoy a fast-paced game. Activating Turbo Mode eliminates the time taken to complete the card dealing process. If you activate the Turbo Mode, the payouts and rules of the game remain unchanged.
Players can select from 3 possible table limits - High Stake, Normal Stake, and Low Stake games. The table limit determines the size of the coin you will receive. Players can select their preferred table limit during the intro message or from the Settings menu. Once the game starts, the stake limits can no longer be altered. Regardless of the stake you are betting on, the rules remain the same.
Even though the gameplay of online baccarat may create a sense that you can control the result of the game, don't forget that baccarat is purely a game of chance. However, we would still recommend online baccarat, since players can enjoy this high-class card game not only for its simplicity, but the flexible betting limits, intuitive user interface, and special features make the game worth a try. Who knows, it may just be your lucky day!
New FanDuel Casino customers get to play your first day risk-free up to $200 when you sign up today!