The 2022-23 NCAA college football season is coming to a close with the CFP National Championship Game right around the corner. The campaign was filled with numerous memorable moments, including when USC quarterback Caleb Williams took home this year's Heismany Trophy honors.
While we're still just under a year from crowning the next recipient, that hasn't stopped FanDuel Sportsbook from releasing its early 2023 Heisman Trophy odds.
Heisman Trophy Odds 2023
All NCAAF odds are from FanDuel Sportsbook
1. Caleb Williams, QB, USC (+400)
2. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina (+1000)
3. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington (+1200)
4. Bo Nix, QB, Oregon (+1200)
5. Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State (+1200)
6. Brock Vandagriff, QB, Georgia (+1600)
7. Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas (+1600)
8. Cade Klubnik, QB, Clemson (+1800)
9. Drew Allar, QB, Penn State (+2000)
10. Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU (+2000)
Heismany Trophy Best Bet 2023
As it stands, Williams is FanDuel's +400 favorite to repeat as next season's Heisman Trophy winner. If he's successful, he'll join former Ohio State running back Archie Griffin as the only other player to win the award twice.
Keeping that in mind, my eyes are on Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr at +1200 odds to take home the honors.
Heading into his sixth NCAAF season in 2023, Penix is coming off his most productive campaign to date. Transferring to Washington paid off for him as he paced the nation with 4,641 passing yards, finishing second in the Pac-12 with 31 touchdowns while tossing out eight interceptions.
The Huskies had ups and downs to begin the season but wins over the likes of Oregon, Texas and Michigan State point to better things to come in 2023. In fact, Washington is already tied for the 14th-best odds (+4000) to win next year's National Championship. If the Huskies come close to living up to that hype, Penix should be in the Heisman conversation throughout the campaign.
Besides, what better way to enter the 2024 NFL Draft than by winning one of the most iconic trophies in college sports?
Early Heisman Trophy Odds 2023
- Caleb Williams, QB, USC (+400)
- Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina (+1000)
- Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington (+1200)
- Bo Nix, QB, Oregon (+1200)
- Jordan Travis, QB, Florida State (+1200)
- Brock Vandagriff, QB, Georgia (+1600)
- Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas (+1600)
- Cade Klubnik, QB, Clemson (+1800)
- Drew Allar, QB, Penn State (+2000)
- Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU (+2000)
- Joe Milton, QB, Tennessee (+2000)
- J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (+2500)
- Ty Simpson, QB, Alabama (+2500)
- Kyle McCord, QB, Ohio State (+2500)
- Sam Hartman, QB, Notre Dame (+3000)
- Dillon Gabriel, QB, Oklahoma (+3000)
- Nick Singleton, RB, Penn State (+4000)
- Donovan Edwards, RB, Michigan (+4000)
- Devin Brown, QB, Ohio State (+5000)
- Jeff Sims, QB, Nebraska (+5000)
- Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (+5000)
- Will Shipley, RB, Clemson (+6000)
- Cameron Rising, QB, Utah (+6000)
- Quinshon Judkins, RB, Ole Miss (+6000)
- KJ Jefferson, QB, Arkansas (+6000)
- TreVeyon Henderson, RB, Ohio State (+6000)
- Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin (+8000)
- Conner Weigman, QB, Texas A&M (+8000)
- Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina (+8000)
- Devin Leary, QB, Kentucky (+8000)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.