Duke vs Wake Forest Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 31 (Blue Devils' Defense Deters Demon Deacons)
Duke vs Wake Forest Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Duke (15-6, 6-4 ACC) vs. Wake Forest (14-8, 6-5 ACC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium -- Durham, North Carolina
Tuesday, Jan. 31's NCAA college basketball schedule features some ACC action as the Duke Blue Devils look to fend off the Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Duke enters tonight's contest following an impressive 86-43 blowout win over Georgia Tech, led by Kyle Filipowski's game-high 18 points. Meanwhile, Wake Forest has dropped three consecutive games, most recently falling 79-77 to NC State on Saturday.
Can Duke build off their recent momentum with another victory? Or will Wake Forest snap out of its funk on the road?
Duke vs Wake Forest Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DUKE: (-375) | WAKE: (+290)
- Spread: DUKE: -7.5 (-120) | WAKE: +7.5 (-102)
- Total: 146.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Duke enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Duke vs Wake Forest Betting Trends
- Duke has beaten the spread eight times in 21 games.
- As 8.5-point favorites or more, the Blue Devils are 5-6 against the spread.
- This season, eight of Duke's 21 games have gone over the point total.
- Wake Forest has 12 wins in 21 games against the spread this year.
- As a 8.5-point underdog or more, the Demon Deacons have one win ATS (1-1) this year.
- Out of Wake Forest's 21 games so far this year, 16 have gone over the total.
|Duke Rank||Duke AVG||Wake Forest AVG||Wake Forest Rank|
Duke vs Wake Forest Prediction & Pick
While Wake Forest already picked up an 81-70 victory against Duke earlier this season, the Demon Deacons had the privilege of playing that game at home. Now, they must try to win at Cameron Indoor Stadium, where the Blue Devils are 10-0 this season and hold opponents to just 58.5 PPG.
It's also hard to trust Wake Forest due to its recent slow starts, trailing by an average of 4.7 points over the last three games. Meanwhile, Duke averages a plus-10.1 half-time scoring margin at home. On top of that, the Blue Devils average 39.3 first-half points at Cameron Indoor Stadium, whereas the Demon Deacons average 36.5 on the road.
It's also worth pointing out that Wake Forest has dropped 15 of its last 17 matchups against Duke and has also lost 10 straight games in Durham, NC. In other words, there's not much of a reason to believe that Duke will lose this one.
Final Score Prediction: Duke: 78 | Wake Forest: 72
Duke vs Wake Forest Best Bet
While I'm confident that Duke can remain perfect at home, I'm not a fan of the Blue Devils covering as 7.5-point favorites. For starters, Duke is just 1-6 ATS in its last seven games and 2-13 ATS in its last 15 conference matchups. Meanwhile, Wake Forest is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 outings and 7-4 ATS against ACC opponents this season.
With Duke also failing to cover the spread in four of its last six meetings with Wake Forest, I trust the Demon Deacons more to cover as +7.5 underdogs.
Bet: Wake Forest +7.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.