Duke vs Pittsburgh Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 9 ACC Tournament (Blue Devils Earn Seventh Straight Win)
Duke vs Pittsburgh Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball ACC Tournament Game
- No. 21 Duke (23-8, 14-6 ACC) vs. Pittsburgh (22-10, 14-6 ACC)
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Time: 2:30 PM ET
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN Networks
The ACC Tournament continues on Thursday with an exciting matchup between the Pittsburgh Panthers and Duke Blue Devils. Pittsburgh has yet to win an ACC title, while Duke has won 21. The winner of this quarterfinal matchup will go on to play the victor of the Miami vs Wake Forest game.
Pittsburgh bounced back from a tough end to the regular season with an 89-81 win over Georgia Tech in the second round on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Duke is in the midst of a six-game winning streak that includes a 62-57 win over UNC on Saturday. Which ACC squad will advance on Thursday?
Duke vs Pittsburgh Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DUKE: (-260) | PITT: (+210)
- Spread: DUKE: -5.5 (-120) | PITT: +5.5 (-102)
- Total: 138.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Duke enters this contest as a moderate favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 138.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Duke vs Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- Duke has covered the spread 12 times in 31 games.
- The Blue Devils' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 8-12.
- Out of 31 Duke's games so far this season, 12 have hit the over.
- Pittsburgh has 23 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- The Panthers are 7-2 as 5.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Out of Pittsburgh's 32 games so far this year, 20 have hit the over.
|Duke Rank||Duke AVG||Pittsburgh AVG||Pittsburgh Rank|
Duke vs Pittsburgh Prediction & Pick
Pittsburgh has enjoyed its best season in years and is an undeniably balanced sqad. It ranks 24th in offensive efficiency and 65th in opponent shooting percentage (42.0%). The only problem is that the Panthers face one of the hottest teams in the nation. Duke has been crushing one foe after another.
The Blue Devils have posted an average scoring margin of +11.3 in their six-game winning streak. Keep in mind Duke was down 11 points at halftime against Pittsburgh on Jan. 11. It went on to score a whopping 45 points in the second half to win by eight points. That's how fast momentum can change.
Duke has won seven of its last eight games against Pittsburgh, so back the Blue Devils on Thursday.
Final Score Prediction: Duke: 75 | Pittsburgh: 66
Duke vs Pittsburgh Best Bet
The Blue Devils have taken the time to practice excelling at the little things and that will be evident on Thursday afternoon. Duke ranks sixth in offensive rebounding percentage (36.0%) and 27th in free throw percentage (76.8%). Those talents give the team an ability to stretch leads late in the game.
Not only is Pittsburgh 1-7 straight up in its last eight games against Duke, but each of its seven losses have come by at least eight points. Three of those losses came by more than 25 points. The Blue Devils have just dominated this rivalry as of late and that shouldn't end during the ACC Tournament.
Bet: Duke Blue Devils -5.5 (-120)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.