Duke vs Boston College Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 16 Duke (11-4, 2-2 ACC) vs. Boston College (8-7, 2-2 ACC)
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum -- Boston, Massachusetts
Saturday, Jan. 7's NCAA college basketball schedule includes some ACC action as the No. 16 Duke Blue Devils take on the Boston College Eagles.
Duke hopes for a stronger performance this afternoon after getting blown out 84-60 by NC State on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Boston College has momentum on its side after winning for the third time in its last four games with a 70-63 win over Notre Dame earlier this week.
Can Duke avoid another loss against its ACC rival? Or will Boston College send the Silvio O. Conte Forum crowd home on a high note?
Duke vs Boston College Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DUKE: (-450) | BC: (+340)
- Spread: DUKE: -8.5 (-120) | BC: +8.5 (-102)
- Total: 131.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
Duke enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 131.5 points, which is lower than Saturday's average total.
Duke vs Boston College Betting Trends
- Duke has seven wins in 15 games against the spread this season.
- The Blue Devils are 4-4 as 8.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been six of Duke's games (out of 15) that hit the over this season.
- Boston College has five wins in 15 games against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have two wins ATS (2-2) as an 8.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This year, eight of Boston College's 15 games have hit the over.
|Duke Rank||Duke AVG||Boston College AVG||Boston College Rank|
Duke vs Boston College Prediction & Pick
Boston College's defense has been great as of late, holding opponents to 65 or fewer points in three of the last four games. Having said that, Duke's defense has been solid too this season, allowing just 62.4 PPG. That level of defense could cause trouble for the Eagles, who only score 64.7 PPG (T-No. 295).
Dominating Boston College also isn't anything new for Duke, having won 27 of the previous 30 head-to-head meetings. In fact, the Blue Devils have won seven straight games against the Eagles, being victorious by an average of 19.3 points. While Duke may not win by that much today, that's a level of dominance that can't be ignored.
Expect Duke to get back on the right track with a vcitory over a familiar rival.
Final Score Prediction: Duke: 71 | Boston College: 67
Duke vs Boston College Best Bet
Although I predict that Duke will win, I don't see the 8.5-point spread being covered. As impressive as the Blue Devils can be, they're only 2-4 ATS in their last six games and 0-2 ATS on the road thus far. Meanwhile, the Eagles have covered the spread in four of their last five games in January on top of being 4-1 ATS in their last five outings against Duke.
With Boston College's defense looking among the nation's best lately, expect this game to be closer than the odds imply.
Bet: Under 154.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.