Duke vs Georgia Tech Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 28 (Hot Start Leads Blue Devils Past Yellow Jackets)
Duke vs Georgia Tech Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Duke (14-6, 5-4 ACC) vs. Georgia Tech (8-12, 1-9 ACC)
- Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion -- Atlanta, Georgia
The Duke Blue Devils look to reverse their luck on the road when they visit the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets for an ACC showdown on Saturday, Jan. 28.
Duke has lost two of its last three games — both on the road — with the most recent being Monday's 78-75 loss to Virginia Tech. Georgia Tech has its own struggles to worry about, though. The Yellow Jackets fell 72-51 to ranked Clemson earlier this week, extending their losing skid to six games.
Can Duke pick up its first road win in three weeks this afternoon? Or does Georgia Tech have what it takes to tally a rare conference victory?
Duke vs Georgia Tech Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DUKE: (-420) | GATECH: (+320)
- Spread: DUKE: -8.5 (-115) | GATECH: +8.5 (-105)
- Total: 137.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Duke enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points with both sides set at -110.
Duke vs Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- Duke has seven wins in 20 games against the spread this year.
- The Blue Devils' ATS record as 6.5-point favorites or more is 4-8.
- This season, eight of Duke's 20 games have gone over the point total.
- Georgia Tech is 8-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Yellow Jackets have won once ATS (1-6) as a 6.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Georgia Tech has played 19 games this season, and eight of them have hit the over.
|Duke Rank||Duke AVG||Georgia Tech AVG||Georgia Tech Rank|
Duke vs Georgia Tech Prediction & Pick
Even though Duke hasn't been playing the best basketball lately, Georgia Tech has been much worse. The Yellow Jackets have failed to score more than 66 points over their last four games, being held to exactly 60 PPG over that stretch. They've also struggled against their conference, going 1-9 against fellow ACC programs.
You can also tell that Duke is the clear-cut better team thanks to a plus-7.9 scoring margin (No. 53), whereas Georgia Tech sits at minus-3.3 (No. 242). That's without even mentioning how the Blue Devils are 15-1 in their last 16 games against the Yellow Jackets, also winning in 16 of their last 19 trips to Hank McCamish Pavilion.
In other words, it'd be shocking if Georgia Tech found a way to win this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Duke: 73 | Georgia Tech: 62
Duke vs Georgia Tech Best Bet
One of the reasons why Georgia Tech has struggled this season is its inability to get off to a strong start. The Yellow Jackets only average 33.7 first-half points (No. 137) and trail by an average of 0.4 points at halftime (No. 202). Furthermore, they've found themselves trailing by an average of 7.7 points after the first half of the last three games.
Meanwhile, Duke averages 36.2 points (No. 59) with a plus-3.5 scoring margin (T-No. 70) in the first half. With the Blue Devils easily being the better team on both ends of the court, I see them leading by a decent margin at halftime.
Bet: First-Half Spread — Duke -4.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.