Dodgers vs Padres Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for May 13 (LA Extends Division Lead at Home)
By Tyler Maher
The Los Angeles Dodgers (24-15) will host the San Diego Padres (19-20) for the middle game of their three-game series on Saturday evening. The Dodgers won the series opener on Friday, 4-2, to extend their lead in the NL West.
Can San Diego bounce back from a tough loss to its division rival? Or will Los Angeles keep rolling?
Dodgers vs Padres Game Info
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Time: 7:15 p.m. ET
- Venue: Dodger Stadium -- Los Angeles, CA
- Coverage: FOX
The Dodgers have caught fire after a slow start to the season and now find themselves up three games in the division. They have won 11 of their last 13, including seven straight home games.
The Padres, meanwhile, dropped below .500 with their loss on Friday. For all the talent on their roster, it hasn't quite come together yet for them this season.
Dodgers vs Padres Odds & Spread
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAD: (-154) | SD: (+130)
- Spread: LAD: -1.5 (+128) | SD: +1.5 (-154)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Not surprisingly, the red-hot Dodgers enter this game as home favorites on the moneyline and run line at FanDuel Sportsbook. This NL West showdown also features an over/under of 8.5 with both sides available at -110 odds.
Dodgers vs Padres Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have been chosen as favorites in 35 games this year and have walked away with the win 22 times (62.9%) in those games.
- Los Angeles has a record of 14-9 when favored by -148 or more this year.
- Contests with the Dodgers have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 21 of 38 chances this season.
- The Padres have won 47.1% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (8-9).
- San Diego has played as a moneyline underdog of +126 or longer in only two games this season, which it lost both.
- The Padres have combined with opponents to go over the total 13 times this season for a 13-24-2 record against the over/under.
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction & Pick
As mentioned above, the Dodgers are absolutely rolling right now. They've won three straight games and have held the upper hand in their season series with the Padres so far, taking three of their first four matchups.
LA is poised to stay hot tonight behind lefty ace Julio Urias. The former ERA champ is having a phenomenal month so far with a 2.13 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings this month.
The Padres, on the other hand, have dropped three in a row and five of their last six. They've given up four more runs than they've allowed this season, which suggests their 19-20 record is an accurate reflection of how they've played so far.
San Diego is turning to Joe Musgrove to put out the fire, but there's a very real chance he ends up dumping gasoline on it instead. Musgrove has been torched for a 6.75 ERA, a 6.22 FIP, and a 1.42 WHIP in three starts this year.
Look for the Padres to fall behind early and fail to recover, resulting in another Dodgers dub.
Final Score Prediction: Dodgers: 5 | Padres: 3
Dodgers vs Padres Best Bet
While we recommend betting on the Dodgers to win/cover, taking the under is also a good bet. All four LA-San Diego games this year have gone under tonight's projected total of 8.5, averaging 5.8 total runs per game. The under has also hit in nine of the Padres' last 10 games, making it an appealing choice tonight.
Bet: Under 8.5 Total Runs (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.