Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 9 A-10 Tournament (Dayton's Defense Dominates)
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball A-10 Tournament Game
- Dayton (20-11, 12-6 A-10) vs. Saint Joseph's (PA) (16-16, 8-10 A-10)
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: USA
The Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament moves on to the quarterfinals on Thursday with a battle between No. 2 Dayton and No. 10 St. Joseph's. This will be the Flyers' first game of the tournament after getting a bye through the first two rounds, while the Hawks are coming off back-to-back wins over Loyola Chicago and George Washington.
Can St. Joseph's win again to make it three in a row? Or will well-rested Dayton prevail and punch its ticket to the semifinals?
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DAYTON: (-550) | STJOES: (+400)a
- Spread: DAYTON: -9.5 (-120) | STJOES: +9.5 (-102)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Even with its strong start to the tournament, St. Joseph's is still listed as a heavy underdog on the moneyline and spread at FanDuel Sportsbook. This game also has a total of 135.5 points, which is on the lower side for Thursday's contests.
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Betting Trends
- Dayton has covered the spread 15 times in 30 games.
- Against the spread as 9.5-point favorites or more, the Flyers are 6-6.
- Dayton has played 30 games this season, and 11 of them have gone over the total.
- Saint Joseph's (PA) is 19-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hawks have won once ATS (1-3) as a 9.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been 16 Saint Joseph's (PA) games (out of 32) that went over the total this season.
|Dayton Rank||Dayton AVG||Saint Joseph's (PA) AVG||Saint Joseph's (PA) Rank|
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Prediction & Pick
The Hawks were the definition of average during the regular season, going 15-16 and giving up 0.2 more points per game than they scored. They were also quite streaky, often, which they're proving once again by winning three in a row immediately after losing four straight.
St. Joseph's has yet to win four consecutive games this year, however, which is why we expect its latest winning streak to come to an end today. Dayton went 20-11 during the regular season with a +8.2 average scoring differential, proving to be better than the Hawks on both ends of the floor. The Flyers also smashed them in their lone meeting with a 76-56 rout back on Jan. 4.
Dayton isn't great on offense but is one of the top defensive teams in the country, giving up just 60.8 points per game (11th) and ranking 49th in KenPom's adjusted defensive rating. St. Joseph's is below average in this regard, ranking 199th in the same category and 193rd overall at KenPom.
The Flyers check in at 72nd, so that gap will be too much for the Hawks to overcome.
Final Score Prediction: Dayton: 72 | St. Joseph's: 60
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (PA) Best Bet
The total is already pretty low, but it's still not low enough. Dayton's games routinely go below this number, doing so in seven of its last eight games. St. Joseph's first tournament game went under this number as well, plus these two teams only combined for 132 points when they last met.
Back the Flyers' defense to keep the final score low and cash the Under.
Bet: UNDER 135.5 Total Points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.