Rodriguez vs Holland Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 279 — Main Card Catchweight (180lbs) Bout
Daniel "D-Rod" Rodriguez (16-2-0, 8 KO's, 4 Submissions) vs. Kevin "Trailblazer" Holland (23-7-0, 13 KO's, 6 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Paradise, NV
Rodriguez vs Holland Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 279 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Daniel Rodriguez: (+164)
- Kevin Holland: (-205)
- Draw: (TBD)
Method of Victory:
- Rodriguez by KO/TKO: (+440)
- Rodriguez by Points: (+440)
- Rodriguez by Submission: (+1200)
- Holland by KO/TKO: (+195)
- Holland by Points: (+300)
- Holland by Submission: (+750)
Rodriguez vs Holland Prediction
UFC 279 Rodriguez-Holland prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Kevin Holland (77%)
Method of Victory: Decision (57%)
Both Daniel Rodriguez and Kevin Holland have enjoyed their fair share of success lately. Rodriguez has gone 12-1 in his last 13 fights and has scored victories in each of his last three. Meanwhile, Holland has won back-to-back bouts, earning 'Performance of the Night' honors in both.
While Rodriguez throws out more strikes than his opponent (8.06 vs. 3.90 significant strikes per minute), I think that Holland's defense will be the difference. He also has the height and reach advantages in the matchup, which gives him an advantage against the smaller Rodriguez.
It should be a competitive night, however, I'm taking Holland by decision at +300 odds.
Rodriguez vs Holland Betting Trends & Stats
- Daniel Rodriguez defeated Kevin Lee, by decision, in his last fight on Aug. 28, 2021.
- Kevin Holland defeated Tim Means, by submission, in his last fight on June 18, 2022.
- Rodriguez averages 8.06 significant strikes landed per minute with a 50% accuracy rate.
- Holland averages 3.90 significant strikes landed per minute with a 54% accuracy rate.
- Rodriguez averages 5.38 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 57% defense rate.
- Holland averages 2.41 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 55% defense rate.
- Rodriguez averages 0.84 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Holland has a 50% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.