Daniel da Silva vs Victor Altamirano Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 278 on FanDuel Sportsbook
da Silva vs Altamirano Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 278 — Early Prelims Card Flyweight Bout
Daniel "Miojo" da Silva (11-3-0, 5 KO's, 6 Submissions) vs. Victor "El Magnifico" Altamirano (10-2-0, 1 KO, 4 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the early prelims card, which begins at 8 p.m. ET.
Venue: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, UT
Coverage: UFC Fight Pass
da Silva vs Altamirano Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 278 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Daniel da Silva: (+138)
- Victor Altamirano: (-178)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- da Silva by KO/TKO: (+600)
- da Silva by Points: (+500)
- da Silva by Submission: (+500)
- Altamirano by KO/TKO: (+420)
- Altamirano by Points: (+430)
- Altamirano by Submission: (+230)
da Silva vs Altamirano Prediction
UFC 278 da Silva-Altamirano prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Victor Altamirano (86%)
Method of Victory: Decision (78%)
Tapology sees Victor Altamirano as the favorite here and it's tough to disagree. He was on a four-fight winning streak before it was snapped by Carlos Hernandez, but the loss only came by split decision. It was also only the second loss of his entire MMA career.
Meanwhile, Daniel da Silva has decisively suffered back-to-back losses. Jeff Molina first knocked him out just 46 seconds in Round 2 during their fight at UFC Fight Night 196 before Francisco Figueiredo forced da Silva to submit in less than 90 seconds in the latter's last outing four months ago.
With "El Magnifico" being somewhat of a submission expert, I'm going with an Altamirano submission win at +230 here.
da Silva vs Altamirano Betting Trends & Stats
- Daniel da Silva lost to Francisco Figueiredo, by submission, in his last fight on Apr. 30, 2022.
- Victor Altamirano lost to Carlos Hernandez, by decision, in his last fight on Feb. 26, 2022.
- da Silva averages 3.40 significant strikes landed per minute with a 77% accuracy rate.
- Altamirano averages 5.97 significant strikes landed per minute with a 57% accuracy rate.
- da Silva averages 7.36 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 5.23% defense rate.
- Altamirano averages 5.23 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 50% defense rate.
- da Silva averages 2.12 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Altamirano has a 72% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.