Clippers vs. Lakers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 5 (Lakers Continue Playoff Push With Win)
By Tyler Maher
Clippers vs. Lakers Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: ESPN, BSSC, and SportsNet LA
The Clippers and Lakers square off on Wednesday night in a critical late-season matchup for both teams. They enter tonight's contest tied in the Western Conference standings at 41-38 with only three games remaining. The winner will take control of the No. 6 seed and have the inside track to a guaranteed postseason berth, while the loser will be one step closer to winding up in the play-in tournament.
Which team will prevail in the Battle of Los Angeles? Let's dig in.
Clippers vs. Lakers Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
The Clippers are listed as slight favorites on the spread and moneyline at FanDuel Sportsbook's NBA odds. This rivalry game also features a total of 232 points, which is the third-highest over/under on Wednesday's slate.
Clippers vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- The Clippers have covered the spread 39 times over 77 games with a set spread.
- So far this year, the Lakers have been installed as underdogs by a 3-point margin or more 35 times and are 14-19-2 ATS in those contests.
- Clippers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 36 times this season.
- Lakers games this year have hit the over 50.6% of the time (39 out of 77 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, the Clippers have played worse at home, covering 18 times in 38 home games, and 21 times in 39 road games.
- This season, the Lakers are 19-18-1 at home against the spread (.500 winning percentage). On the road, they are 19-19-1 ATS (.487).
Clippers vs. Lakers Prediction & Pick
The Lakers have been making a furious push towards the playoffs lately, going 15-6 over their last 21 games. That includes four straight wins after an overtime road win against the Utah Jazz on Tuesday where LA prevailed in the final seconds by 2 points.
After four straight away games, the Lakers essentially return home to Crypto.com Arena to face the well-rested Clippers, who haven't played since Saturday. The Clippers are coming off back-to-back losses but have won more often than not lately, going 8-5 over their last 13.
Paul George (knee) remains out for the shorthanded Clippers, while Marcus Morris Sr. (back) and Eric Gordon (hip) are both listed as questionable.
The Lakers know what's at stake here, and Wednesday night will be a de facto home game for them. Expect LeBron James and co. to rip off another win in a hard-fought game.
Final Score Prediction: Lakers: 116 | Clippers: 113
Clippers vs. Lakers Best Bet
The Lakers are coming into this game with a ton of momentum and are simply the better and healthier team right now. The Clippers have continued to stay afloat without George, but this is a game where his presence will be missed. The Clips won't be able to keep up with the Lakers' fast-paced (third in NBA) and high-scoring (eighth in NBA) offense, so back the Lakers to win outright at plus odds.
Bet: Los Angeles Lakers ML (+130)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.