Clippers vs. Celtics Game Info
- Date: Monday, December 12, 2022
- Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: NBA TV, NBCS-BOS, and BSSC
The NBA-leading Boston Celtics continue their six-game road trip in Los Angeles on Monday with a showdown against the Los Angeles Clippers. The Celtics are looking to bounce back from one of their worst games of the season after getting dominated by the Golden State Warriors over the weekend.
The Clippers, meanwhile, just got back from a road trip themselves and want to prove they can hang with the cream of the crop in the NBA. It's been an up-and-down season for Los Angeles so far, but things are trending up now that Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are both back from injury.
Clippers vs. Celtics Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-164) | LAC: (+138)
- Spread: BOS: -3.5 (-112) | LAC: +3.5 (-108)
- Total: 224.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Despite their poor performance on Saturday, the Celtics still enter this game as solid road favorites on both the spread and moneyline at FanDuel Sportsbook. This game also features a total of 224.5 points, which is the second-lowest on Monday's slate.
Clippers vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics are 15-10-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Clippers have been installed as underdogs by a 3.5-point margin or more seven times and are 4-3 ATS in those contests.
- Celtics games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times out of 28 chances this season.
- Clippers games this season have hit the over 39.3% of the time (11 out of 28 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Boston has fared better at home, covering eight times in 12 home games, and seven times in 14 road games.
- Los Angeles' winning percentage against the spread at home is .385 (5-8-0). Away, it is .533 (8-7-0).
Clippers vs. Celtics Prediction & Pick
The Celtics have lost consecutive games only once this year, and that was all the way back in late October. They're ability to avoid losing streaks is a big reason why they're 21-6.
The Clippers, in the other hand, are in a bit of a slump after losing four of their last six games. They haven't been great at protecting their home court, either, going just 7-6 there.
Boston is 10-4 on the road and boasts the top offense in the NBA in terms of both scoring (120.3 points per game) and offensive rating. Los Angeles ranks dead last in average scoring at 107.7 PPG, and that gap is just too big to make up.
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 117 | Clippers: 112
Clippers vs. Celtics Best Bet
The spread is only 3.5 points, but it could easily be a few points larger and nobody would bat an eye. The Celtics have so many advantages going for them in this matchup and should be able to bounce back with a win after starting their road trip 3-1. Back Boston to cover the spread, but not by much.
Bet: Celtics -3.5 (-112)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.