Clippers vs. Kings Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Venue: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- Coverage: NBCS-CA and BSSC
The 2022-23 NBA season continues with seven games scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3, including a showdown between the LA Clippers and Sacramento Kings. Things looked like they were turning around for the Clippers with back-to-back wins, only to pick up a 125-112 loss to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, brighter times appear to be on the horizon for the Kings. They snapped a three-game skid with a 137-114 win over the Indiana Pacers earlier this week, highlighted by a team-high 22 points from Harrison Barnes on 6-of-9 shooting while going 9-of-10 from the free-throw line.
Clippers vs. Kings Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAC: (+120) | SAC: (-142)
- Spread: LAC: +3 (-110) | SAC: -3 (-110)
- Total: 226 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Clippers enter this contest as a slight home underdog on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 4 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 226 points, which is the fourth-highest of Saturday's projected totals.
Clippers vs. Kings Betting Trends
- The Clippers have put together an 11-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Kings have been installed as underdogs by a 1.5-point margin or more 10 times and are 7-3 ATS in those contests.
- This season, seven of the Clippers' games have gone over the point total out of 20 chances.
- The Kings have hit the over 50% of the time this season (10 of 20 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has played worse at home, covering five times in 12 home games, and six times in 11 road games.
- Sacramento has been better against the spread on the road (6-3-0) than at home (7-4-0) this year.
Clippers vs. Kings Prediction & Pick
The Kings' 137-point effort against the Pacers was an example of how deadly their offense can be. They're averaging the second-most points (119.9 PPG) on the fourth-best field-goal percentage (49.3%), proving that they can go toe-to-toe with any of the league's offensive powerhouses.
Ultimately, the Clippers could have issues keeping pace with their NBA-worst offense (107.2 PPG). LA could be getting a boost with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard both being upgraded to questionable status ahead of that game, however, there's no telling what their playing minutes will look like.
Furthermore, the Clippers have already confirmed that two of their better shooters — Luke Kennard and Normal Powell — have been ruled out. With the Kings playing with a completely healthy lineup and motivated to begin another winning streak, I'll take Sacramento winning this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Kings: 116 | Clippers: 110
Clippers vs. Kings Best Bet
With this game expected to be a close one, I'm staying away from the spread. Instead, I recommend taking the under on the 228-point total. For starters, the Clippers and Kings only combined for 220 points in their first meeting of the season. Secondly, the total has gone over in six of their last seven meetings, as well as in four of their last five at crypto.com Arena.
With Leonard and George's status up in the air, I'm erring on the side of caution by betting on a lower-than-projected total.
Bet: Over 239 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.