Charlotte vs Radford Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 21 CBI Tournament Game (Back the Over in Daytona Beach)
By Larry Rupp
Charlotte vs Radford Game Info
- 2022-23 College Basketball Invitational Game
- Charlotte (20-14) vs. Radford (21-14)
- Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: Ocean Center -- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2023 CBI Tournament continues on Tuesday with a semifinal matchup between the Charlotte 49ers and Radford Highlanders. Charlotte pulled away from Milwaukee in a 76-65 quarterfinal win on Monday, while Radford beat San Jose State by a score of 67-57 in what was another upset victory.
Charlotte vs Radford Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHAR: (-164) | RADFRD: (+136)
- Spread: CHAR: -3.5 (-105) | RADFRD: +3.5 (-115)
- Total: 124.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Charlotte enters this contest as a small favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 124.5 points with both sides available at -110 odds.
Charlotte vs Radford Betting Trends
- Charlotte has 20 wins in 33 games against the spread this year.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, the 49ers are 11-8 against the spread.
- This season, 15 of Charlotte's 33 games have gone over the point total.
- Radford has beaten the spread 17 times in 32 games.
- The Highlanders have an ATS record of 6-1 as 2.5-point underdogs or greater.
- This year, 15 of Radford's 32 games have hit the over.
|Charlotte Rank||Charlotte AVG||Radford AVG||Radford Rank|
Charlotte vs Radford Prediction & Pick
Radford has pulled off back-to-back upsets thanks to a defense that is giving up only 63.5 points per game in the CBI Tournament. That's been the story for the Highlanders all season long as they rank 57th in points allowed per game (66.3). They run into a Charlotte defense that is far superior, though.
The 49ers rank 15th in points allowed per game (62.6), while also checking in seventh in opponent rebounds per game (29.9). Charlotte enters with a notable edge on defense and offense. The 49ers rank 22nd in effective field goal percentage (54.6%), while the Highlanders rank 117th (51.6%).
Charlotte has won 13 of its last 15 games against a Big South opponent, so back the 49ers here.
Final Score Prediction: Charlotte: 68 | Radford: 65
Charlotte vs Radford Best Bet
While both of these defenses have been stellar this season, this point total is set a bit too low. After all, the total has hit the over in four of both Radford and Charlotte's last five games overall. The over has also cashed in 10 of the last 13 games involving one of these two teams in the month of March.
Charlotte has not been held under 65 points in any of its last six games and Radford has not been held under 64 points in any of its last six games. These offenses have been methodical in creating open shots and knocking them down. Expect more of the same in a great semifinals showdown.
Bet: Over 124.5 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.