Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 22 (Colonels' Luck Runs Out)
By Tyler Maher
Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball CBI Championship
- Charlotte (21-14) vs. Eastern Kentucky (23-13)
- Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Ocean Center -- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Coverage: ESPN2
Need a college basketball fix before the Sweet 16 starts on Thursday? Make sure to tune in on Wednesday to the CBI Tournament title game between Charlotte and Eastern Kentucky.
Charlotte hasn't faced much resistance in the tournament thus far with three easy wins, while Eastern Kentucky has needed overtime in all three of its victories. Which team will prevail and win the championship tonight?
Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHAR: (-235) | E KY: (+190)
- Spread: CHAR: -5.5 (-110) | E KY: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 133.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Not surprisingly, Charlotte is a modest favorite on both the spread and moneyline at FanDuel Sportsbook. This title bout also features a total of 133.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Betting Trends
- Charlotte has 21 wins in 34 games against the spread this year.
- As 4.5-point favorites or more, the 49ers are 9-6 against the spread.
- This year, 15 of Charlotte's 34 games have gone over the point total.
- Eastern Kentucky's record against the spread is 22-10-0.
- The Colonels are 8-4 as 4.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Eastern Kentucky has played 32 games this season, and 13 of them have gone over the total.
|Charlotte Rank||Charlotte AVG||Eastern Kentucky AVG||Eastern Kentucky Rank|
Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Prediction & Pick
As mentioned, these teams have taken very different paths to the championship game. Charlotte's three tournament wins have been relatively stress-free with all coming by at least seven points.
Meanwhile, all three of Eastern Kentucky's games have gone to overtime, including Tuesday's double-OT thriller. The last two have been real nail-biters as one-possession contests that went down to the wire.
The Colonels have to be exhausted after playing extra periods in each of the past three days, so it's hard to imagine they'll have much left in the tank for this one. Their offense will also likely struggle to score points against a 49ers defense that yielded just 62.4 points per game during the regular season (18th in NCAA).
Expect Charlotte's defense to clamp down on Eastern Kentucky's gassed starters and for the Colonels' luck to finally run out.
Final Score Prediction: Charlotte: 65 | Eastern Kentucky: 62
Charlotte vs Eastern Kentucky Best Bet
It's hard to imagine Eastern Kentucky having much success on offense tonight, especially against a suffocating Charlotte defense that has allowed 66 points or fewer in four straight games. The 49ers aren't a great offensive team either, averaging just 66.8 PPG during the regular season (305th) and scoring 65 or fewer in three of their last four games.
Look for this game to turn into a slow-paced defensive struggle as the Colonels won't have the energy to push the ball.
Bet: UNDER 133.5 Total Points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.