Celtics vs. Magic Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 16, 2022
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- Coverage: NBCS-BOS and BSFL
The Boston Celtics return home from a 4-2 road trip to host the Orlando Magic in an Eastern Conference battle on Friday night. The Celtics still have the best record in basketball at 22-7, while the Magic are 13th in the East at 9-20.
Celtics vs. Magic Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-850) | ORL: (+590)
- Spread: BOS: -12.5 (-110) | ORL: +12.5 (-110)
- Total: 225 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
As expected, the Celtics are massive favorites in this lopsided matchup on both the spread and the moneyline. This game also features a total of 225 points, which is about average for Friday's slate.
Celtics vs. Magic Betting Trends
- The Celtics have covered the spread 15 times over 28 games with a set spread.
- This season, 14 of the Celtics' games have gone over the point total out of 27 chances.
- Magic games this season have gone over the point total 13 times in 27 opportunities (48.1%).
- Boston has a better record against the spread at home (8-4-0) than it does in road games (7-7-2).
- Against the spread, Orlando has performed better at home (11-4-0) than on the road (3-7-2).
Celtics vs. Magic Prediction & Pick
We can keep this one pretty simple. The Celtics have been the best team in the NBA all season and are back on their home court, where they're 11-2 this year. Boston also boasts the best offense in the league in terms of scoring (119.4 points per game) and offensive rating.
The Magic, on the other hand, are one of the weakest teams in the league. They have the third-worst record in the NBA and struggle on both sides of the ball, ranking bottom six in both offensive and defensive rating.
Yes, Orlando has won four in a row -- its longest winning streak of the season. No, that won't matter at all when the Magic travel north to the TD Garden tonight, where they'll look to improve on their abysmal 1-11 road record.
Boston will win this one, by a lot.
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 121 | Magic: 108
Celtics vs. Magic Best Bet
The Celtics play in a lot of high-scoring games with their prolific offense and so-so defense, while the Magic have hit their stride on offense during their winning streak with 110+ points in four straight games.
Neither team rates well defensively, so the Over is the way to go here.
Bet: Over 225 Points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.