Celtics vs. Hawks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 9 (Expect a High-Scoring Battle Inside TD Garden)
By Larry Rupp
Celtics vs. Hawks Game Info
- Date: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- Coverage: ESPN, NBCS-BOS, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season concludes on Sunday with 15 games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics. The Hawks rank eighth in the Eastern Conference with a 41-40 record, while the Celtics check in second with a stellar 56-25 record. This one should be exciting.
Atlanta's three-game winning streak was ended with a 136-131 overtime loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday. Meanwhile, Boston has now won seven of its last nine games following a 121-102 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Friday. Which team will end the regular season with a victory?
Celtics vs. Hawks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-230) | ATL: (+190)
- Spread: BOS: -6 (-110) | ATL: +6 (-110)
- Total: 227.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Celtics enter this contest as moderate home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227.5 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Celtics vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- The Celtics are 38-35-4 against the spread this season.
- The Hawks are 3-2 ATS when underdogs by 7 points or more this year.
- Games involving the Celtics have hit the over 39 times this season.
- Hawks games this season have hit the over on 44 of 77 set point totals (57.1%).
- Boston has done a better job covering the spread in home games (20-17-1) than it has in road games (18-18-3).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Atlanta has a lower winning percentage at home (.436, 17-22-0 record) than away (.474, 18-20-0).
Celtics vs. Hawks Prediction & Pick
The Hawks are locked into the No. 8 seed and the Celtics are locked into the No. 2 seed, meaning it's worth keeping an eye on what the two head coaches decide to do with the starting lineups. It should be expected that a number of bench players will be taking on much larger roles than usual on Sunday.
That gives the Celtics an edge. Boston has a deep roster, as proven by Sam Hauser's performance on Friday (26 points) and the fact that Malcolm Brogdon is considered a Sixth Man of the Year candidate (14.9 PPG). They have a shot to pummel an Atlanta squad that ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency.
Boston is also riding a six-game home winning streak, so back the Celtics at TD Garden on Sunday.
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 122 | Hawks: 112
Celtics vs. Hawks Best Bet
It's worth diving deeper into Atlanta's defensive struggles this season. The Hawks are allowing an opponent shooting percentage of 48.6% (No. 25 in NBA) as well as 118.1 points per game (No. 25 in NBA). They also play at the ninth-fastest pace in the NBA, so a high-scoring game looks to be on tap.
The total has hit the over in four of Atlanta's last five games overall and in 10 of its last 15 games against an Eastern Conference foe. The over has cashed in nine of Boston's last 13 games against a Southeast Division opponent, too. Trust the trends and root for points in this regular season finale.
Bet: Over 227.5 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.