Celtics vs. Cavaliers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 1 (Boston Sneaks Past Cleveland at TD Garden)
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- Coverage: ESPN, NBCS-BOS, and BSOH
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics. The Cavaliers rank fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 39-25 record, while the Celtics check in second with a 44-18 record. This should be a good one.
Cleveland snapped a three-game losing streak with a 118-93 win over the Toronto Raptors its last time out on Sunday. Meanwhile, Boston saw its three-game winning streak come to an end thanks to a 109-94 loss to the New York Knicks on Monday. Which NBA title contender will win on Wednesday?
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-210) | CLE: (+176)
- Spread: BOS: -5 (-110) | CLE: +5 (-110)
- Total: 218.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Celtics enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 218.5 points, which is below average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Celtics have covered the spread in a matchup 28 times this season (28-27-4).
- The Cavaliers have always covered the spread this season when underdogs by 6.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Celtics have hit the over 29 times out of 62 chances this season.
- Cavaliers games this year have hit the over on 29 of 62 set point totals (46.8%).
- In home games, Boston owns a better record against the spread (15-13-1) compared to its ATS record in away games (13-14-3).
- Cleveland has been better against the spread at home (19-11-2) than away (12-16-2) this season.
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
A 15-game winning streak by the Milwaukee Bucks has caused the Celtics to drop down to the No. 2 seed in the East for the first time in months. It makes every matchup down the stretch crucial for a Boston squad that is back home following a three-game road trip. TD Garden will be rocking tonight.
These teams have each posted a top-six defensive efficiency mark, which makes focusing on the offensive differences the key. The Celtics are tallying 121.2 points per home game (No. 3 in NBA) and rank third in offensive efficiency. The Cavs are logging 110.2 points per away game (No. 25 in NBA).
Boston has won six of its last seven home games against Cleveland, so trust the Celtics here.
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 114 | Cavaliers: 110
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
There's no denying how well both of these squads have played on the defensive end, but this total jumps out as a bit too low. After all, the Cavaliers and Celtics combined for 255 points and 227 points in their first two matchups this season. Each side's roster is stacked with talented scorers as well.
The total has hit the over in four of Cleveland's last five games as well as five of Boston's last seven games. The over has cashed in four of the Celtics' last six games against a Central Division opponent, too. I like this game to slip past the point total with an exciting back-and-forth final quarter of action.
Bet: Over 218.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.