Celtics vs. 76ers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 25 (Don't Expect an Offensive Show in Philly)
Celtics vs. 76ers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Venue: Wells Fargo Center -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Coverage: ABC
Two of the NBA's best Eastern Conference teams are set to collide when the Boston Celtics (43-17) go one-on-one with the surging Philadelphia 76ers (39-19) on Saturday, Feb. 25.
The Celtics improved to 9-2 over their last 11 games with Thurday's hard-fought 142-138 overtime win against the Indiana Pacers. On the other side, the 76ers are buzzing after their 110-105 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies, marking their fifth straight victory.
So, which of these goliaths will continue dancing with success when all is said and done?
Celtics vs. 76ers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-118) | PHI: (+100)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (-110) | PHI: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 226 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Celtics enter this contest as slim road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 226 points with the over being favored at -112 odds.
Celtics vs. 76ers Betting Trends
- The Wizards have covered the spread 27 times this season (27-27-1).
- This season, the Knicks have an ATS record of 13-8-1 in their 22 games as an underdog of 2.5 points or more.
- This season, Wizards games have hit the over 24 times out of 56 chances.
- The Knicks have hit the over 53.6% of the time this season (30 of 56 games with a set point total).
- Washington owns a worse record against the spread at home (10-13-1) than it does in road games (17-14-0).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, New York has a lower winning percentage at home (.414, 12-16-1 record) than on the road (.667, 18-9-0).
Celtics vs. 76ers Prediction & Pick
The Celtics and 76ers have been winning games in different ways as of late. For the former, it's been with a strong offensive attack. The Celtics are averaging 121.1 points over their last 11 games, playing a big role in their plus-8.3 scoring margin that span. Meanwhile, the 76ers have succeeded due to a consistent defense that's allowed only 105.4 PPG during their winning streak.
Nevertheless, I'm backing the Celtics to emerge victorious tonight. They've already beaten the 76ers in each of their first two meetings this season, holding Philly to just 99 points in the last collision three weeks ago.
Considering that Boston won by 48 points in its last trip to Philly, I expect the Celtics to win again (even if it isn't by that much).
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 113 | 76ers: 110
Celtics vs. 76ers Best Bet
Even though both sides have frequently hit the over lately, I recommend siding with the under on tonight's projected total. Surpassing 226 points might not seem like a big ask, but it's something that the Celtics and 76ers have failed to do in four of their last five meetings in Philly.
After combining for just 205 points in their last meeting, don't expect many fireworks tonight.
Bet: Under 226 Points (-108)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.