Cavaliers vs. Spurs Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 13 (Cleveland's Defense Stands Tall on Monday)
Cavaliers vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- Coverage: BSOH and BSSW
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with 11 more games, including a battle between the San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers. The Spurs rank 14th in the Western Conference with a 14-43 record, while the Cavaliers check in fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 37-22 record.
San Antonio enters on a dismal 12-game losing streak that includes a 125-106 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday. Meanwhile, Cleveland has now won each of its last six games thanks to a 97-89 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Saturday. Which streak will grow after Monday night's showdown?
Cavaliers vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CLE: (-1150) | SAS: (+730)
- Spread: CLE: -14.5 (-108) | SAS: +14.5 (-112)
- Total: 224.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as massive home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 224.5 points, which is below average compared to Monday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cavaliers vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers are 30-24-4 against the spread this season.
- The Spurs covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 14.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Cavaliers have hit the over 26 times out of 55 chances this season.
- Spurs games this year have hit the over 31 times in 55 opportunities (56.4%).
- Cleveland has done a better job covering the spread in home games (18-9-2) than it has in road tilts (12-15-2).
- Against the spread, San Antonio has performed better at home (14-15-0) than on the road (8-18-0).
Cavaliers vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
One of the hottest teams in the NBA meets head-to-head with one of the worst teams in the NBA on Monday. Cleveland has posted an average scoring margin of +17.3 in the month of February, while San Antonio has posted an average scoring margin of -14.3 this month. Talk about a mismatch.
The Spurs have their work cut out for them considering this game is going down at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. The Cavaliers have posted a 24-6 record in home games this season and ranks second in defensive efficiency at home. They allow 104.6 points per game in front of their fans (No. 1 in NBA).
Cleveland is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games against San Antonio, so trust the Cavaliers here.
Final Score Prediction: Cavaliers: 120 | Spurs: 102
Cavaliers vs. Spurs Best Bet
There's no way to overstate how dominant the Cavaliers have been on the defensive end of the court. Cleveland is allowing an opposing shooting percentage of 46.4% (No. 6 in NBA) and is giving up just 46.0 points in the paint per game (No. 3 in NBA). It forces 15.1 turnovers per game, too (No. 8 in NBA).
Overall, the Cavaliers have allowed less than 105 points in seven of their last 10 games and the Spurs have scored 106 points or less in six of their last 10 games. San Antonio owns an NBA-worst shooting percentage of 41.7% over its last three games, so don't expect the Spurs to suddenly thrive.
Bet: San Antonio Spurs Under 104.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.