Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- Coverage: BSOH and BSSW
The Dallas Mavericks kick off a four-game road trip on Saturday against the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are coming off back-to-back wins. The Cavaliers just beat the Mavericks earlier this week with a 105-90 victory in Dallas on Wednesday, so the Mavs will be looking to return the favor here.
Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CLE: (-168) | DAL: (+142)
- Spread: CLE: -4 (-110) | DAL: +4 (-110)
- Total: 216 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this game as solid home favorites on both the moneyline and the spread. This game also features a total of 216 points, which is the lowest on Saturday's slate.
Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers won 41 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 41 times.
- The Mavericks had an ATS record of 7-0-1 as underdogs of 5 points or more last year.
- A total of 37 Cavaliers games last season went over the point total.
- There were 31 Mavericks games (out of 82) that hit the over last year.
Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Prediction & Pick
The Cavaliers are the better team this season, which they proved earlier this week. They have the third-best record in the Eastern Conference at 19-11 and have been nearly unbeatable at home this year (13-2). Their defense is the best in the NBA and their offense is solid as well, ranking 10th in offensive rating.
The Mavericks have Luka Doncic, but they're a flawed team. That's why they've been so inconsistent this season en route to a 15-14 record. They've shown talent on both ends of the floor (seventh in offensive rating, sixth-fewest points allowed), but just haven't been able to put it all together.
Dallas should keep things closer than last time but will be fatigued after traveling for the second night of a back-to-back, resulting in another win for Cleveland.
Final Score Prediction: Cavaliers: 108 | Mavericks: 104
Cavaliers vs. Mavericks Best Bet
Both of these teams will be tired in the second game of a back-to-back, which will cause the offense to suffer on both sides. Neither team is great in this department to begin with, as both rank in the bottom half of the league in scoring.
Both defenses are top six in terms of fewest points allowed, setting up what should be a defensive struggle. The Under is low but still worth taking.
Bet: Under 216 Points (-110)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.