Butler vs Villanova Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Butler (10-8, 2-5 Big East) vs. Villanova (8-9, 2-4 Big East)
- Date: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
The Butler Bulldogs are set to host the Villanova Wildcats for a Big East showdown at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 13.
After a brief taste of success, Butler has now lost back-to-back games, most recently falling 77-61 to St. John's (NY) on Tuesday. Villanova also tasted defeat in its last outing, picking up a 75-65 loss against DePaul, marking the fourth time that the Wildcats have lost in their last five games.
Can a rowdy Hinkle Fieldhouse crowd propel Butler to victory? Or will Villanova achieve some rare success on the road?
Butler vs Villanova Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BUTLER: (-104) | NOVA: (-115)
- Spread: BUTLER: +1.5 (-115) | NOVA: -1.5 (-105)
- Total: 133.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Villanova enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 133.5 points, which is lower than the majority of Friday's totals.
Butler vs Villanova Betting Trends
- Butler has eight wins in 18 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Bulldogs are 8-4.
- Out of 18 Butler's games so far this season, seven have hit the over.
- Villanova is 6-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are yet to lose ATS (2-0) as a 1.5-point underdog or more this year.
- This season, nine of Villanova's 17 games have gone over the point total.
|Butler Rank||Butler AVG||Villanova AVG||Villanova Rank|
Best College Basketball Picks - Butler vs Villanova
While Butler has lost back-to-back games, both losses came on the road. The Bulldogs tend to step up their game when they're at Hinkle Fieldhouse, averaging 75.1 points on with a plus-12.6 scoring margin. Their defense has also been solid in their own backyard, allowing just 62.6 points while tallying 5.0 blocks, 7.4 steals and 23.6 defensive rebounds.
Butler is also 7-2 straight up in its last nine home games, whereas Villanova has lost four of its six road games this season. The Wildcats are also operating at a minus-2.4 scoring margin over their last five games, having lost three of those games by at least eight points.
After years of getting beaten up by Villanova, Butler gets its revenge tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Butler: 70 | Villanova 68
Butler vs Villanova Picks
Butler and Villanova haven't exactly been putting up the points this season, but I predict that they'll exceed the 133.5-point total. After all, not only has the total hit the over in each of the last six Bulldogs-Wildcats matchups but it's also done so in each of the last five meetings between the two rivals at Hinkle Fieldhouse.
With the Big East foes exceeding 133.5 points in five of the last six clashes, I'm siding with the over tonight.
Bet: Over 133.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.