Bulls vs. Pistons Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- Coverage: NBCS-CHI and BSDET
Two NBA teams heading in opposite directions meet on Friday, Dec. 30 as the Chicago Bulls (15-19) welcome the Detroit Pistons (9-28) to the United Center at 8 p.m. ET.
Just when the Bulls' season looked like it was heading off the rails, they've managed to win four of their last five games — including Wednesday's 119-113 overtime win over the Milwaukee Bucks. Although the Pistons were victorious in their 121-101 effort against the Orlando Magic two nights ago, the win is only Detroit's second in its last 11 games.
Can the Bulls inch one step closer to a .500 record? Or will the Pistons pull off the improbable upset in the Windy City?
Bulls vs. Pistons Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DET: (-340) | CHI: (+275)
- Spread: DET: -8 (-112) | CHI: +8 (-108)
- Total: 231 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Bulls enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 231 points, which is on the high end of Friday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Bulls vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- The Bulls have covered the spread 16 times over 33 games with a set spread.
- The Pistons are 13-5-2 ATS when underdogs by 7.5 points or more this season.
- Games involving the Bulls have hit the over 15 times out of 36 chances this season.
- Pistons games this year have gone over the total in 21 of 36 opportunities (58.3%).
- Chicago has done a better job covering the spread when playing on the road (9-8-1) than it has at home (7-8-0).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Detroit has a lower winning percentage at home (.444, 8-8-2 record) than away (.556, 10-8-0).
Bulls vs. Pistons Prediction & Pick
The Bulls' recent success stems from some improved accuracy, shooting 49.3% from the field (No. 8) and 38.9% from three-point range (No. 8) over the last five games. Chicago has also demonstrated improved ball security in that span, averaging just 10.8 turnovers per contest (third-fewest).
With the way that the Pistons have played this year, I don't think that the Bulls' momentum is in jeopardy. The Pistons allow 118.5 PPG (second-worst) on 48.6% shooting (fifth-worst) this season. Detroit is also a minus-5.9 at Little Caesars Arena, which happens the be the second-worst home scoring margin of the 2022-23 campaign.
Considering how the Pistons have only beaten fellow bottom-feeders lately, the surging Bulls shouldn't break much of a sweat tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Bulls: 122 | Pistons: 112
Bulls vs. Pistons Best Bet
If you're tuning into tonight's game, brace for more points than expected. For starters, the Bulls and Pistons are allowing a combined 233.5 PPG this season. The total has also gone over in six of Detroit's last nine games, as well as in four of Chicago's last five at United Center.
Furthermore, the Pistons have also allowed 130-plus points in two of their last three games while the Bulls have allowed a 121 PPG clip over their last three outings. Taking all of that into account, it's clear that backing the over is the way to go.
Bet: Over 231 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.