Bulls vs. Knicks Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: United Center -- Chicago, Illinois
- Coverage: ESPN, NBCS-CHI, and MSG
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 10 more games, including a battle between the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls. The Knicks rank sixth in the Eastern Conference with an 14-13 record, while the Bulls check in 11th with a 11-15 record. These teams haven't met yet this season.
New York enters on a four-game winning streak that includes a 112-99 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Sunday. Meanwhile, Chicago couldn't get the job done in a 123-122 overtime loss to the Atlanta Hawks its last time out. The loss extended the Bulls' road losing streak to four games.
Bulls vs. Knicks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHI: (-174) | NY: (+146)
- Spread: CHI: -4 (-114) | NY: +4 (-106)
- Total: 226.5 -- Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
The Bulls enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 226.5 points, which is about average compared to the rest of Wednesday's projected totals.
Bulls vs. Knicks Betting Trends
- The Bulls have covered the spread 12 times over 25 games with a set spread.
- The Knicks have covered the spread twice this season when underdogs by 4 points or more (in eight chances).
- This season, 10 of the Bulls' games have gone over the point total out of 26 chances.
- Knicks games this season have hit the over on 12 of 26 set point totals (46.2%).
- Chicago sports a better record against the spread at home (6-5-0) than it does in road games (6-7-1).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, New York has a lower winning percentage at home (.357, 5-8-1 record) than on the road (.583, 7-5-0).
Bulls vs. Knicks Prediction & Pick
The Knicks have pushed their way back above .500, while the Bulls sit at a season-low four games below .500. Momentum makes a noticeable difference in the NBA and it clearly is on the side of New York right now. Of course, it helps that the Knicks average the third-most rebounds per game (56.0).
The Bulls rank tied for 24th in rebounding (49.9) and allow an opponent defensive rebounding rate of 78.6% (No. 24 in NBA). That means they are not creating second-chance opportunities. The Knicks log 12.5 offensive rebounds (No. 6 in NBA) and 16.8 fast break points per road game (No. 4 in NBA).
New York is 8-4 straight up in its last 12 games against Chicago, so give me the Knicks in an upset.
Final Score Prediction: Bulls: 109 | Knicks: 112
Bulls vs. Knicks Best Bet
Backing a road underdog is always risky, so bettors looking to get in on the action should shift gears to the point total here. Neither one of these offenses has been stellar this season. New York owns the sixth-worst shooting mark in the NBA (45.3%), while Chicago ranks only 19th in offensive efficiency.
The total has hit the under in each of the Knicks' last six games as well as in eight of their last 10 away games. The under has also cashed in seven of the Bulls' last eight home games as well as in six of their last seven games against the Knicks. All signs point to a low-scoring defensive battle tonight.
Bet: Under 226.5 Points (-112)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.