Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Bowling Green Falcons. Here's everything you need to know about Bowling Green's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Bowling Green Bowl Game History
Bowling Green has made a decent number of appearances in the college football postseason. The Falcons have played in 13 bowls across the school's history.
The Falcons made their first bowl appearance in 1982 as a part of the Mid-American Conference. They ended up falling short against Fresno State, 29-28, in the California Bowl that year.
Bowling Green finally achieved its first bowl victory in 1991, defeating Fresno State 28-21 at the California Bowl. While the Falcons went on to win five bowls in their next 10 appearances, it's been quite some time since they've had a chance to add to that total. They've lost their last two postseason games, falling in the 2015 GoDaddy Bowl and 2022 Quick Lane Bowl.
Bowling Green Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
Bowling Green owns a 5-8 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- California Bowl (Dec. 18, 1982): Fresno State 29, Bowling Green 28
- California Bowl (Dec. 14, 1985): Fresno State 51, Bowling Green 7
- California Bowl (Dec. 14, 1991): Bowling Green 28, Fresno State 21
- Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 18, 1992): Bowling Green 35, Nevada 34
- Motor City Bowl (Dec. 26, 2003): Bowling Green 28, Northwestern 24
- GMAC Bowl (Dec. 22, 2004): Bowling Green 52, Memphis 35
- GMAC Bowl (Dec. 6, 2008): Tulsa 63, Bowling Green 7
- Humanitarian Bowl (Dec. 30, 2009): Idaho 43, Bowling Green 42
- Military Bowl (Dec. 27, 2012): San Jose State 29, Bowling Green 20
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (Dec. 26, 2013): Pittsburgh 30, Bowling Green 27
- Camellia Bowl (Dec. 20, 2014): Bowling Green 33, South Alabama 28
- GoDaddy Bowl (Dec. 18, 1992): Georgia Southern 58, Bowling Green 27
- Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26, 2022): New Mexico State 24, Bowling Green 19
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.