Baylor vs West Virginia Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 13 (Bears Exploit Mountaineers' Road Struggles)
Baylor vs West Virginia Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 14 Baylor (19-6, 8-4 Big 12) vs. West Virginia (15-10, 4-8 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Ferrell Center -- Waco, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN2
Monday, Feb. 13's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a Big 12 contest between the No. 14 Baylor Bears and West Virginia Mountaineers at 9 p.m. ET.
Baylor rides into tonight's matchup on a three-game winning streak, most recently picking up a hard-fought 72-68 win over ranked TCU over the weekend. Meanwhile, West Virginia aims to bounce back following Saturday's 94-60 blowout loss to No. 5 Texas.
Baylor vs West Virginia Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BAYLOR: (-300) | WVU: (+240)
- Spread: BAYLOR: -7.5 (-102) | WVU: +7.5 (-120)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Baylor enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Baylor vs West Virginia Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Baylor is 14-11-0 this year.
- The Bears have an ATS record of 7-8 as 5.5-point favorites or greater.
- Out of 25 Baylor's games so far this season, 13 have hit the over.
- West Virginia's record against the spread is 12-12-0.
- The Mountaineers have no wins ATS (0-1) as a 5.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- This year, 17 of West Virginia's 24 games have gone over the point total.
|Baylor Rank||Baylor AVG||West Virginia AVG||West Virginia Rank|
Baylor vs West Virginia Prediction & Pick
West Virginia playing on the road means Baylor isn't in much danger of losing. The Mountaineers have lost 16 of their last 18 road games, which includes going 2-6 in away scenarios this season. They also boast a minus-6.7 scoring margin in their last seven away contests and were just outscored by 34 points in their latest road outing.
It's going to be hard to change those trends when Baylor is 12-2 at Ferrell Center this season. The Bears only give up 65.4 PPG at home, where they win by an average margin of 18.9 points. On top of that, they average 8.0 steals and 16.1 takeaways per game in their own building, making it clear that West Virginia will be pressured all night long.
With the Mountaineers also picking up four losses in their last five trips to Waco, I'm even more convinced that Baylor isn't in much jeopardy of losing tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Baylor: 75 | West Virginia: 66
Baylor vs West Virginia Best Bet
I see Baylor covering as the 7.5-point favorite tonight. After all, the Bears have covered the spread in seven of their last 10 games. They're also 5-0 ATS in their last five games played in February, as well as 4-1 ATS in their last five Big 12 contests.
Meanwhile, West Virginia is an uninspiring 5-10 ATS in its last 15 outings. Making matters worse is the fact that the team is 2-4 ATS on the road against conference rivals during the 2022-23 campaign. Furthermore, the Mountaineers have failed to cover the spread in four of their last six meetings with the Bears.
With Baylor playing on another level at Ferrell Center, look for the home team to win this game by a decent margin.
Bet: Baylor -7.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.