Baylor vs Oklahoma State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 27 (Strong First-Half Pays Off for Bears)
Baylor vs Oklahoma State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 9 Baylor (21-8, 10-6 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State (16-13, 7-9 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena -- Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Coverage: ESPN
Monday, Feb. 27's NCAA college basketball lineup includes a Big 12 battle between the No. 9 Baylor Bears and Oklahoma State Cowboys.
Baylor looks to win again after snapping a two-game skid with an 81-72 win over No. 8 Texas. On the other side, Oklahoma State hopes to reverse its fortunes after a 73-68 loss to ranked Kansas State extended the Cowboys' losing streak to four straight outings.
Can Baylor continue climbing up the Big 12 standings? Or does Oklahoma State have what it takes to put its losing ways in the rearview?
Baylor vs Oklahoma State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BAYLOR: (-125) | OKLAST: (+104)
- Spread: BAYLOR: -1.5 (-110) | OKLAST: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 142.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Baylor enters this contest as the slim road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 142.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Baylor vs Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- Baylor has 16 wins in 29 games against the spread this season.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, the Bears are 13-11 against the spread.
- Baylor has played 29 games this year, and 15 of them have gone over the total.
- Oklahoma State has 14 wins in 29 games against the spread this year.
- The Cowboys are 3-9 as 1.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Oklahoma State has played 29 games this year, and 15 of them have gone over the total.
|Baylor Rank||Baylor AVG||Oklahoma State AVG||Oklahoma State Rank|
Baylor vs Oklahoma State Prediction & Pick
Oklahoma State's recent collapse has led to my siding with Baylor tonight. The Cowboys just aren't playing well on either side of the ball. After all, they've allowed 86.3 PPG during their skid and have been held to 68 or fewer points in each of their last two games. On top of that, they're just 3-8 against ranked competition this season.
I just don't see Oklahoma State has what it takes to beat Baylor, who's coming off a huge win against Texas. The Bears have also been playing well on the perimeter lately, averaging 10 threes on 41.7% accuracy in their last three games. I expect that success to continue against the Cowboys, who are allowing 7.7 three-pointers on a 43.4% success rate over that stretch.
Furthermore, Baylor has won its last seven trips to Gallagher-Iba Arena, winning by an average margin of 6.6 points. With Oklahoma State unable to keep games close lately, it's safe to say that this is the Bears' contest to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Baylor: 77 | Oklahoma State: 68
Baylor vs Oklahoma State Best Bet
Slow starts have plagued Oklahoma State during its losing streak. The Cowboys have averaged just 29.5 first-half points over the last four games, playing a big role in their minus-10.8 scoring margin at halftime during that time.
Meanwhile, Baylor is one of the better first-half teams in the country, averaging 37.6 points (T-No. 26) with a plus-5.3 scoring margin in the first frame. With the way both teams have played recently, I don't see either trend changing tonight.
Expect a strong first-half performance from Baylor en route to a victory.
Bet: First-Half Spread — Baylor -0.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.