Auburn vs Texas A&M Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 15 Auburn (16-3, 6-1 SEC) vs. Texas A&M (13-6, 5-1 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Neville Arena -- Auburn, Alabama
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the Texas A&M Aggies and No. 15 Auburn Tigers. Texas A&M saw its seven-game losing streak get snapped in a 76-67 loss to Kentucky on Saturday. Tyrece Radford led the Aggies with 22 points.
Meanwhile, Auburn took down South Carolina by a score of 81-66 on Saturday to stretch its SEC winning streak to five games in a row. Sophomore Johni Broome (27 points & 11 rebounds) and junior Wendell Green Jr. (16 points & 12 assists) each posted a double-double in the Tigers blowout victory.
Auburn vs Texas A&M Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: AUBURN: (-196) | TX A&M: (+162)
- Spread: AUBURN: -4.5 (-110) | TX A&M: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 137.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Auburn enters this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Auburn vs Texas A&M Betting Trends
- Auburn has nine wins in 19 games against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 5-7 as 6.5-point favorites or more.
- This year, 11 of Auburn's 19 games have gone over the point total.
- Against the spread, Texas A&M is 12-7-0 this season.
- The Aggies are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 6.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of Texas A&M's 19 games so far this year, 10 have gone over the total.
|Auburn Rank||Auburn AVG||Texas A&M AVG||Texas A&M Rank|
Auburn vs Texas A&M Prediction & Pick
Texas A&M's record is not bad at 13-6 overall, but it's worth noting this is a team that has already lost to Murray State and Wofford. The Aggies faced their first true SEC test on Saturday and racked up 16 turnovers in a loss. They rank tied for 189th in the country with 12.9 turnovers per game this year.
Auburn has had a few questionable losses on their schedule, too, but head coach Bruce Pearl's team has the defense to bet any team in the country. The Tigers rank 10th in defensive efficiency and allow only 62.6 points per game (No. 22 in NCAA). That will make all the difference on Wednesday night.
Auburn is riding a 10-game winning streak at Neville Arena, so rock with the Tigers in this one.
Final Score Prediction: Auburn: 73 | Texas A&M: 65
Auburn vs Texas A&M Best Bet
Auburn's average scoring margin during its five-game winning streak checks in at +12.2 and it is 4-1 against the spread (ATS) during that span. The Tigers' average scoring margin at home this season also checks in at +12.8, which shows that they have been pulling away in the second half of games.
I expect more of the same on Wednesday. Auburn allows only 32.5 second half points per game at home, while Texas A&M allows 42.1 second half points per game on the road. This is the time of the year in which the Tigers start to truly shine as they are 17-3 ATS in their last 20 games in January.
Bet: Auburn Tigers -4.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.